Winter Rose Manor

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Winter Rose Manor

• This topic has 32 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Sue.
Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      lrdavis125
      Participant

Anyone planning to start this one? I have the chart but it will be a little while until I can start. The pink house is Weeks Conch. I don’t have that and the pictures I’ve found don’t look right to me. I’m hoping I’ll see someone’s work in progress before I decide on the right pink.

Lynn in Lancaster

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by lrdavis125.
      Veena

Hi Lynne –

That’s a pretty pattern! I looked up photos of Conch on the Weeks site and it looks like a very light dusty, almost brownish pink. I’ll pull my Weeks tags in the daytime tomorrow to see if I have it.

Ps

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Veena.
      Jcash
      Participant

Kinda what Veena said… if you mixed pale pink with pale peach and tea dyed the heck out of them.

WDW conch

I think I have it but finding it is another thing. I’ll look. But Anita usually does great shots of her colors.

Jcash
      Participant

Probably the lighter end of the Fagales series but remember the colors have changed so find the dmc match first might be best… then Vikki can dye whatever color matched that.

lrdavis125
      Participant

Yes, that Conch doesn’t read like the house on the chart to me. I’m going to wait until I see what it looks like before I pick a color for the house.

skrieser
      Participant

Conch kind of looks like French Artichoke from what I’m seeing and without going to pull the HDF and the Conch if I have it.

maestraxanth
      Participant

I’m doing mine with the called for cotton, but either French Artichoke or Dried Roses would be much prettier than the Conch I have.

Also, I went for the Brenda’s Brew. Not worth it, IMHO. My floss toss looked much better on Summer Khaki. YMMV.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by maestraxanth.
      Kathy Wilson
      Participant

I have plans to stitch this but it may be awhile down the road. I’m taking advantage of not working for the first time in 30 years and have quite a few projects around the house that have been languishing from all those years of O/T and life in general. Trying to get through getting organized and bringing some order back into the sewing room.

I have a couple of minis called Teacups and Roses that might be pretty for the house. I think it was a combo that Veena (?) had come up close to the end of HDF a few years ago. It’s grey and gloomy here today though so it’s hard to tell in the lighting right now.

Jcash
      Participant

I got a DMC skein today that looks light tan with a pinkish cast. DMC 3864. It’s very much similar to Conch but would not photograph the right color no matter how hard I tried. I’m prob gonna go with French Artichoke myself.

hkl9066

I went to my LNS today to pick up a skein of WDW Conch to compare with my HDF stash, but sadly they were out. I did however look at the photo on the chart and it really looks quite similar to the Rubbed Light Rose Brown that just closed in the Mini Forum on Saturday.

https://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/forums/topic/rubbed-light-rose-brown-dec-variegated-fotm-3-of-10/

Perhaps it’s not too late to be added to the list?

-Heather

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by hkl9066.
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

This conversion has my interest..

Vikki

Jcash
      Participant

OMG Heather @hkl9066 … I opened my latest envelope from Vikki and pulled out the Rubbed Light Rose Brown and immediately though oh gosh… this is PERFECT!!! Definitely going to use that color for mine. Now I wish I had bought more!!!
      Just the right pale peachy pink but not too peachy. Just perfect!!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I want to do this conversion but it’s one you really need the chart for. I think that’s going to be my mantra for all of these ones that use variegated colors – especially when so many of them are so differently hued.

Vikki

Jcash
      Participant

Vikki, I’m not stitching it anytime soon. Maybe next summer so I will mail my copy to you and you can return it whenever you are finished. Sound good?

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I have one on the way but thank you!!

Vikki

Jcash
      Participant

Sounds good!!!

hkl9066

@jcash, yup, the Rubbed Light Rose Brown is really a perfect color for the WDW Conch I think!

Jcash
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k

Vikki… are you making the Winter Rose floss pack available in the silk store or do we need to order it ahead?? I’d love one if you need a heads up!

Thanks 😊

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I dyed it on Fanatics, and showed the pic of each hank and the thought process as I was going. I do have one or two left from that run, but I’m thinking since I have variegated fotm and motm finished I’d do another run of Winter Rose Manor and put it up on the site. GORGEOUS conversion and I loved the accolades and cheers and immediate feedback. Dyeing is a lonely business you know!

Vikki

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I dyed it on Fanatics, and showed the pic of each hank and the thought process as I was going. I do have one or two left from that run, but I’m thinking since I have variegated fotm and motm finished I’d do another run of Winter Rose Manor and put it up on the site. GORGEOUS conversion and I loved the accolades and cheers and immediate feedback. Dyeing is a lonely business you know!

Vikki

rebecca
      Participant

Yes please do another run. I saw the pictures on FB but was watching here to buy it. I’m sorry to have missed it.

momofcats
      Participant

Yes, I would be interested in one also.

Thanks!!!

Jcash
      Participant

Definitely will want another run!!! I’m in for sure!!

Just checked FB giant is and Damn I missed a lot in a week!! Must pop over there more!!!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Jcash.
      Margo58
      Participant

I would like a set of silks too. I was watching the conversion forum for a packet listing, and so I guess I missed out.

Vikki, please do another run!!!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

It just went so fast – one minute I was dyeing it and the next minute I was OUT!! I never got the chance to breath – they were all sold before I even had them onto micros….
      Second set is dry and ready to get processed so I’ll list it today and it’ll ship Monday.

Vikki

rebecca
      Participant

Thanks Vikki!

CristinG
      Participant

I see it’s now posted in the Shop for sale…. beautiful colors….

lrdavis125
      Participant

I’m SO excited to get this!! Just ordered!

Lynn

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

They are lovely soft colors with that crazy popping off the linen red cardinal!!

Vikki

Jcash
      Participant

OMG! 🤯🤯🤯🤯 I just popped over to see if Lynn has answered a question I asked and opened on this thread and OMG….. almost MISSED ONE!! But got mine!!

6 sets left people! Ladies and Gents! Do we have any gents?

Thanks for resting Vikki! It looks fabulous!!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Jcash.
      donnatl82
      Participant

Did I miss it. Oh found it what fabric are you using

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by donnatl82.
      • This reply was modified 3 months ago by donnatl82.
      Jcash
      Participant

I’m not sure what I’ll use… probably just a soft aged looking color but I do remember someone saying they splurged on the called for color and were unhappy. Said it wasn’t worth the extra cost in their opinion.
      Just passing along their thought.

Sue
      Participant

I’m NOT doing this pattern, but just fyi/head’s up, a lot of the colors used would work very well for Ann Dale/Shakespear’s Peddler. 🙂

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.