When is my order shipping!???

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum When is my order shipping!???

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Running a niche business that essentially just does custom dyeing is a HUGE balancing act.

We’re continually weighing getting orders out fast against making sure that there isn’t a lot of extra stock because that helps keep our costs down – it keeps us lean and mean! But to do that, orders aren’t dyed until the color thread is closed and because the threads don’t hit multiples of 10, we custom wind every color and dye to order.
      At this point we’re trialing closing threads after they’ve been open, without a call, for about a week. Realistically this means that a thread could be open going towards 3 weeks.
      On the positive side it means you get a good chance to order a color, and that you don’t have to wait till it gets to a multiple of 10.
      On the negative side if you order and your threads aren’t already closed, your wait could be that long.
      As I said – a balancing act.

You can always get a good idea of when you’re going to ship by looking in the closed Mini Forum. When the thread is closed, I move it to the Closed Mini Forum and put it on the dye list. Then I custom wind that day’s list closures and dye and depending on the list and the day, I’ll finish that list same day or the next. Hanks dry overnight, get coned the next day and the mini’s are made. That’s when the packing starts. If your order fills with that dyeing, out you go. We ship every day there are closed orders.

Vikki

infinite_needle
      Participant

These silks are worth the wait. ❤️

Jcash
      Participant

I have no trouble waiting at all!
      In fact my last order was held up my ME primarily because it was ordered on the same day we switched to both 6SR and SSR together in one call and going past 10 and letting them wait a while longer. So I had pre-paid for a couple colors that were at 10 and then we left open to see if the numbers would go up… some JUST CLOSED.

It’s a curse… I HATE owing money to people.😬 I like to pay right away. I’m learning to relax and wait…maybe. 😂

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Just relax honey – I am literally not that anal about it!!

Vikki
      who learned long ago there isn’t any such thing as a floss emergency!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.