What to post on Instagram?

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum What to post on Instagram?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Now I have the account and know how to post pictures on Instagram AND they suggest a picture 3 times a week. What do you want to see?
      I feel funny posting pics of dyed colors – there isn’t any way to buy them after I dye them, or do you want to see them anyway? Hanks as I’m dyeing them? Machines?
      Give me some ideas!

Vikki

maestraxanth
      Participant

Yes! All of that! I would also consider posting pictures of any of the solids and/or color families you might have around so people can also start to see what’s possible to create in variegated “twists.”

Even just pretty pictures with lovely colors that inspire you can inspire stitchers too!

And, of course, any projects done in HDF that you might have pictures of from before, like from the show you hosted ‘back in the day.’

A lot of artists post their seasonal decor, nicely staged food pics, anything that shows their “esthetic.”

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by maestraxanth.
      RobininVirginia
      Participant

I vote anything — dyed threads, piles of minis and micros (so they can visually see the difference), silks in the process of their dye bath or wet spraying, stacks that are ready for the post office, and whatever else you want to share.

Jackie
      Participant

Anything! I’d love to see colors not currently being dyed as it will give ideas as what to call. I’m new to your silks!

infinite_needle
      Participant

Pretty floss pictures are always welcome. Showcase your lovely flosses. Also, ask us if you can use our HDF finish pictures and post those to show off how pretty they are.

lyarrow
      Participant

IN addition to threads, post pics of the project gifts for your long ago celebration!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

OK I’m surely glad that I asked!

Vikki
      who would have never thought of ANY of these!

lyarrow
      Participant

Jules, of LDS, is always posting pics of scenery, items in gardens, etc. It keeps you showing up in feeds on a regular basis. 🙂

infinite_needle
      Participant

Also, tag your posts with hashtags such as #crossstitch, #crossstitchers, #crossstitchersofinstagram etc. This will enable your posts to show up in the feeds of people who follow those hashtags.

I have a bunch of hashtags at the end of my IG posts if you want to take a look. Infinite_Needle

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I did – and I was SO CLOSE today. I did a video and got some hashtags on it but it went to not My Story. But I did share it to Facebook.

Vikki
      dinosaur

lyarrow
      Participant

I liked today’s video – nice job!

Sim Swank
      Participant

Behind-the-scenes dye factory photos, flashback photos? Anything you want really that has to do with HDF or what inspires you.

Gretchen
      Participant

Note this is coming as a novice in this forum but I am a long term user Instagram.

I think it wold be cool to post pictures of past colors if you have then. Sounds like there are several folks who have pictures. Example – a picture of the current Micro FOTM would be super. Then send them to your website. I think I have also read there is a naming convention you have and the new DMC flosses are a challenge aka ‘opportunity’. Perhaps you could have a contest put the color of DMC and call for suggestions. That sounds like fun to me!

Maybe some of your clients can send you pics finished objects with your floss/fabric. Credit the design but highlight your product. A finished sample of work always sells product. As soon as I get something I would totally send you a picture. Sells your product. Working on a project with your birds of a feather!

I work in finance so in my mind more followers = more customers = more sales. You have to make money your art work and time is worth something and folks are willing to pay! I am in the first to get out my checkbook. I only proffer these quick ideas as I read this before bed.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.