Variegated FOTM colors hitting the Mini Forum!

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Variegated FOTM colors hitting the Mini Forum!

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      hkl9066
      Participant

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, tomorrow the solid FOTM colors (Attar of Roses, Kail and Yellow Spice) will close in the Mini Forum and Vikki will dye them along with the FOTM micros early next week.

With that said, she’s decided that this process worked well enough that we’ll run the variegated FOTM colors through the Mini Forum as well. Hooray! Same rules will apply. The listings will go up in the Mini Forum around two weeks prior to her dyeing that month’s FOTM. You are able to call either 6SR or SSR. The listings will close regardless of the numbers reached a day or so before she starts the FOTM dye job, usually on a Sunday, but maybe not always.

So tomorrow night, just when you think the Mini Forum is looking rather sad and lonely, I’ll start posting next month’s set of Rubbed FOTM colors, with Veena’s wonderful photography help.

Stay tuned and thank you.

-Heather

midniterose58
      Participant

I’m kind of confused. I ordered the FOTM with the rubbed colors. The colors in the mini forum I haven’t seen listed to buy as FOTM. So am I not understanding how that works? Will those colors be listed as FITM?

hkl9066
      Participant

The first month’s rubbed colors FOTM were not listed in the mini forum and you can only buy them as a set in the shop on the micros. From next month forward you will have the choice of buying them as you did last month, as a set of micros (same length as a skein of DMC) through the shop, or individually as minis through the Mini Forum. You can buy as many minis of each one as you like, and you have the option of either buying six-stranded silk or single stranded silk.

You will have this option for the solid color FOTM as well.

I hope this clears it up.

Thanks.

-Heather

hkl9066
      Participant

Also, if you wish to buy any of this month’s FOTM in greater quantity, you are always welcome to open a listing in the Mini Forum for that particular color. Chances are, if you liked the color, others liked it as well and would like to get more than one micro/skein worth.

-Heather

lyarrow
      Participant

love this option!

davesgirl226
      Participant

Wonderful, 😊 love different options

Sim Swank
      Participant

Coolbeans, thanks Keiko!

Veena

@midniterose58, not everything in the mini forum is offered as FOTM. But from now on, everything in the FOTM will also be available in the mini forum in case people want the FOTM colors in minis (FOTM sets are offered as micros only, and some people may want larger amounts of certain colors).

Veena

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I will have extras of the Rubbed colors, after the Variegated Assortment micros are run off, so I’ll be offering those as mini’s. Drop me a line if you want any of those 10 colors in mini’s and I’ll save them for you. Till I run out of course, and I didn’t do any SSR.

Heather thought of this brilliant plan! Kudos to her!

Vikki

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by VikkiHDF.
      CristinG
      Participant

Thanks to Heather for owning this process! It will really help us to be able to fill in the gaps, when we don’t need an entire FOTM set….

lyarrow
      Participant

Wonderfu l! Vikki, send you a message about a rubbed mini in FB. 🙂

midniterose58
      Participant

Thanks

davesgirl226
      Participant

@veena, are you posting next months FOTM colors tonight? Or is that tomorrow night, just need to know so I know when to check back, thanks! “So excited”

Veena

@davesgirl226, Heather will be posting those in the mini forum hopefully tonight. But you need to worry about missing anything because they will stay open for about 2 weeks.

Sim Swank
      Participant

Oh will we have photos of the next set of Rubbed colors please? And thank you! 😽

hkl9066
      Participant

@sim-swank – just listed them and they are beauties!!!

All – October’s variegated FOTM colors are up in the mini forum. Go get em’!

-Heather

Sim Swank
      Participant

@hkl9066 Oh yay, thanks for the photos Keiko! You da real MVP!

Sim Swank
      Participant

@hkl9066 Are those your own photos? Is it ok to post them on my Instagram to let the folks know of what’s coming next? Thanks!

hkl9066
      Participant

@sims, they are @veena’s wonderful photos. I doubt she’d mind, but maybe wait until it is morning, Iceland time?

PS, @veena is the real MVP

-Heather Keiko

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by hkl9066.
      Sim Swank
      Participant

You both are! Will check back tomorrow for Veena’s permission to make sure. Thanks again!

ggggaea
      Participant

DISREGARD – Saw your response above, thanks

Hi Heather – Still a bit confused. I don’t have to order the minis to buy the solid micros correct?

The micros will be for sale on the website in the FLOSS section where the current rubbed collection is located?

Thank you,
      Gaea

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by ggggaea.
      hkl9066
      Participant

@ggggaea, correct, there is no requirement to purchase the minis in order to get the solid micros.

From now on, there will be two ways to get the Floss of the Month (FOTM) colors, both the solid and variegated listings.

1) Purchase the set of the micros (8.7 yards, same as a skein of DMC) through the Shop, Silk Floss section, for $25.

2) Purchase the colors individually in minis, either 25 yards of six-stranded silk or 150 yards of single-stranded silk, through the Mini Forum. Each mini is $8 and you can purchase as many minis of a color as you wish. You make the commitment to your purchases (so Vikki knows how much to dye) in the Mini Forum in the two week period before the FOTM gets listed in the Shop, which is why you haven’t seen the solid colors in the Shop yet.

The three solid colors for the October FOTM (Attar of Roses, Kail, Yellow Spice) closed in the Mini Forum today. Vikki will dye them tomorrow and you should see the October FOTM sets of micros available for purchase in the Shop later this week, in the same place where the current Variegated FOTM (Rubbed) colors are listed.

Tonight I posted the 10 Rubbed colors that make up the October Variegated FOTM in the Mini Forum. They will stay there until the 11th of October for people to order. Then, Vikki will close the posts and dye both the FOTM and the forum calls together. After that, the October variegated FOTM (the colors I posted tonight) will appear in the shop as a set of micros for $25.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

-Heather Keiko

Veena

@sims, feel free to use my HDF photos.

What is MVP?

Sim Swank
      Participant

Yay thanks @Veena!
      MVP = Most Valuable Player. Incidentally aren’t you mvstitcher? 😊

Veena

@sims, yes I am! I started that blog when I was living in Mountain View, CA. It’s been a while since I posted there; I have been meaning to for a while now. Perhaps next month.

MVP – haha! That title goes to @luv2stitch2.

Sim Swank
      Participant

@veena I was so happy to stumble upon your blog when I first got into HDF and was researching what I had missed out on. The photos of the behind-the- scenes action at the dye factory were so fun. Glad you’re going to keep posting there.
      About @luv2stitch2 — Yeah, she’s alright, I guess. 😘😂

Veena

Thank you, @sims. It’s too bad blogs have gone out of fashion because of Instagram. I still prefer blogging to Insta – I find it a better way to keep track of things and it’s fun going back to read. I still go back and read all my favorite blogs by designers and other stitchers.

Sim Swank
      Participant

I enjoy both. Instagram is great for that quick burst of yumminess while blogs allow one to linger over the details.

ggggaea
      Participant

Thank you Heather

RobininVirginia
      Participant

Thanks for the update, Heather! And @veena and @luv2stitch2 I totally enjoyed your blogs. Awesome pictures and information.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.