Unwanted email

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Unwanted email

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      csogle
      Participant

Help please. It seems as if there are a lot of inappropriate emails coming through the forums. Could someone remind me how to turn off messages coming directly to my email.

Thanks!
      Charlene

midniterose58
      Participant

I’ve been getting about 50 a day the last couple of days

Veena

There has been a very active spammer over the last couple of days. I have been deleting posts as fast as I can and Vikki has even deleted the user but they seem to keep coming back.

Veena

Try Menu > My Account > Forums > Subscriptions. If you have subscribed to any of the forums, deselect or delete the subscription.

If that does not work, try

Menu > My Account > Settings > Email > Notifications. Deselect the ones you do not want.

If neither works, let us know.

lyarrow
      Participant

My account is set up so that I only get emails if someone tags me in a post. So I do not get any of the spam.

Jcash
      Participant

Yeah me too! I wake up to 57 emails and see this mass hit! I have to struggle not to seriously go OFF on the person. I won’t. But I’d love to.

Anyway to make the forum sign ups moderated? Like how on FB you have to request to join a group, and answer questions!? Would be nice but not sure websites work the same way.

Jcash
      Participant

Okay I went through all @veena’s suggestions and did curb down my list of notifications to just a few…BUT I think it’s being Subscribed to a forum that gets the emails.
      Reason.. I only get them from the Mini board and it’s the only one to which I was “subscribed”. Turned that OFF.
      You can find that across the top of the board. We will see if it works!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jcash.
      Jcash
      Participant

And so THAT didn’t work. 8:00pm spam hit again from the same person.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

It probably DID work – the problem past the spammer which we seem to have stopped is that the emails are only sent out so many per hour – and they’re in a GIANT queue that is so backlogged I’m still not getting order emails two days later…
      I’m so sorry about all of this, honestly.

Vikki

Jcash
      Participant

Absolutely NOT NOT NOT your fault at all!! I do think it might have worked. I did think about the delay after I posted and one page I had left open was still saying Subscribed so I changed that too. Closed them all and re-opened just 2 for easy access.

No worries. I just HATE spammers. Seriously, read the room. It’s not just a bunch of chatting and open to all. Nobody cares about whatever they are peddling.

PS: Hubby’s company got Hacked for ransom $$ about 9 weeks ago and it’s still not fully back up yet. They really tore up a lot of stuff and a few automated programs. Hubby…who builds computers and had written several of the programs his plant uses…had his plant up and running in under an hour because he had everything backed up on Zip drives. Phones took 3 days and they got into Accounting, ie…payroll 😳! SO….we are all in a years worth of a credit watch/ lockdown thing. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.