Two UFOs

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Two UFOs

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Veena

The first one is from, ugh, 2010. Why did I ever think it would be fun?? It was fun for a while, then I got tired of starting and ending threads. I am thinking of just carrying all my threads over and to he** with a neat back, just get it done! I do like the overall look though. Odds & Ends by Tam’s Creations in Sticklounge, a now-defunct German yahoo stitching group. Fabric is HDF 35ct linen from back in the day in Mermaid Blue, and premium floss.

The second one was a Dutch SAL, Randje per Week, the first one they ever did back in 2014. Designed by Simone & Annalies of Soed Idee. On HDF 36×40 uneven linen. I need to finish this one too. The electric pink is such a pleasure to stitch with. It was a “failed” color. Bob wound a 2 minis for me and called it Blue Pink (you can tell which of the Vikki-Bob duo is in charge of naming the regular HDF colors – LOL!) The blue is a Yonder Blue.

CristinG
      Participant

Wow, two blasts from the past…

Yes, you must finish those and to hell with a neat back!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

HAHAHAH!!! Seriously! Blue Pink!!
      I love to see failed pieces and WIP’s. Thanks for sharing.

Vikki

lyarrow
      Participant

they are both eye catching! But I can also see where the monotony would eventually wear you down. 🙂 I have some projects 20 years old that I still like and am slowly chipping away.

skrieser
      Participant

Has Sticklounge really that long ago?!

Beautiful work on both pieces! That Blue Pink is eye catching!

Jcash
      Participant

Wow Veena… great projects!!! Both gorgeous!!! I can TOTALLY understand about all the starts and stops making you nuts. I have a project just like that. Barbara Ana’s 5 part world/village/whatever. It’s fun and colorful but OMFreakingG… you get 4 or 6 stitches and have to pin off.

WOW! BluePink is so bright.. and fabulous!!! Definitely keep working on that one!!
      I still haven’t done the 2014 and 2015 Randjes of the Week yet. I found the group in 2016? Or 2017, I think. I will eventually go back and do them…at some point, but I’m still work on the 2017? Or 2018 Vakje’s per week. The one with the boxes.

Kathy Wilson
      Participant

They both look great, Veena! I would say to heck with the neat back as well. Better finished than languishing… LOL

Veena

Thank you all!

@lyarrow
      – 20 years!!! And here I was thinking a 10-year WIP is too old! You are right about the monotony getting to you after a while.

@jcash
      , 2017 was the Vakje per Week. It is on my to-do list as well. I collected the bands for 2015 but in 2016, I got tired of collecting. Did they do one in 2018?

I am planning to work on these again in 2021, it will be like a new start: only better because so much is already done 🙂

maestraxanth
      Participant

Ooh! How did you get the rest of the chart for the Sticklounge piece? IIRC, they wouldn’t send you the next installment until you had shared a photo showing you had finished the previous installment. I got very ill and couldn’t catch up, so mine is languishing, half-finished, with no way to get the chart to finish it.

Mine is in a really pretty, bright multicolored floss Vikki dyed called Birthday party or Sprinkles, or some such. I would !I’ve to be able to finish mine.

Jcash
        Participant

Gosh, that doesn’t sound like a very fun way to keep people excited. You can’t get the next one until you finish this current one??! Yikes! We all know stuff happens and sometimes you just can’t stitch or don’t have the urge. I’m fighting myself right now trying to stitch, but samplers are making me interested again.

CristinG
        Participant

In the time frame that a lot of the Yahoo groups were doing these SALs, it was pretty common to have rules like that. It inspired some people to focus on a single design and really built up hype. For me, it was too much pressure! Lol!!
        I did a few SALs, but none where you were refused future installments.
        I miss those Yahoo groups…..

Jcash
        Participant

Yep, the fastest way to STOP ME DEAD IN MY TRACKS is to impose a deadline on me. My anxiety takes over and I will freeze. I hate even making appointments these days as I start worrying 2 weeks before it happens!

Not good for a stitcher. 😂😂

Veena

@maestraxanth, I bought the pattern from the designer when I realized I wouldn’t be able to keep up with the schedule. I had finished 7 parts, then got busy with preparing to send some pieces to Vikki’s open house (remember that?!) and missed the deadlines. I can share PM you the designer’s email address that I have on record in case you want to try contacting her. I don’t recall the price as it was way back in 2011. It was a PDF chart.

Veena

@jcash, @cristing – I was so excited when I found that yahoo group. I had just started stitching again after a hiatus of 10 years. Everything I knew about cross stitch I had learned from Michael’s. I had no stash, no stitching group, no idea which end was up in the stitching world. I stitched my first ever HDF pieces on patterns from the German group, so I have fond memories of it. It was an interesting experience as you got to see designers you might otherwise not come across. Cross stitch had not exploded on the internet back then (or at least, I was unaware of it).

It was so easy to focus on one or two pieces back then when I had almost nothing by way of stash. Now my mind constantly wanders to what else I could be stitching, what can I start next, what should I buy next, blahblahblah. The curse of having too many choices!

lyarrow
      Participant

@veena My oldesdt UFO is Just Nan’s First Stitches. I placed my last stitch in her “Last Stitches” on December 31st, 1999. I then placed my first stitch in “First Stitches” on January 1st, 2000. And there it sits. Someday I will finish it because I still like the design and the idea behind it but it’s not my current passion. With limited stitching time due to working, it’s not my priority. When I eventually retire with lots more stitching time, I will finish it. Which by then, it will likely be 30 years old. 🙂

Jcash
      Participant

Ugg @veena… I’m guessing my post went into moderation since it disappeared. I had 2 pics but both were way under 1mb together.

Let me know if I need to redo it.

Jcash
      Participant

Just dump the wordy post @veena. I talk too much! YES! 2016 was the big sampler type one that I never started. Hope to do one day.

2018 was a good one but I stopped after about 16-17 bands because I made the mistake of too many colors and it got hard to plan out 10 or so at a time. You can buy the booklet at Simone’s website for it.

Here’s my first photo…

RPW 2018

Jcash
      Participant

~ Deleted~ die to doubles up posting and my errors. Same info is down below. Enjoy!

• This reply was modified 1 day, 6 hours ago by Jcash.
      • This reply was modified 1 day, 6 hours ago by Jcash. Reason: Because auto correct hates me
      • This reply was modified 1 day, 3 hours ago by Jcash.
      Jcash
      Participant

~Deleted~ Doubled up post due to hiccups.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 3 hours ago by Jcash.
      Jcash
      Participant

Oh gosh @veena you are right! 2016 was the big sampler style piece that I still haven’t started but I did buy the booklet so I’d have all the patterns!!

Yes!!! We did another big Randjes in 2018. You can still buy the booklet from Simone’s shop. Let me look because I accidentally lost my books and re-bought and I might have an extra one I can send you.

We are also doing another right now. I didn’t start it but I’m saving the extra bands they’ve added. It’s from the new booklet of charts they made late last year(?). Check out the RPW FB board.

The first overall photo…
      2018 rpw

I got about 12 rows further and another C before putting it away.

RPW 2

Jcash
      Participant

Oh no!….I almost forgot the 2 new ones I found this year!!! @veena In case you wanted to be busier! I found these through Carol of iStitch designs. Here’s the blog link.

http://linpulsion.canalblog.com/archives/2020/05/13/38287114.html

This year is on wk 31 and it’s BUBBLES!!
      Last year was squares and you can search for Petits Carres and they still pop up. Collect the charts if you wan to save them. The new bubbles come out every Wednesday night.

Bubbles

Veena

LOL, @jcash – I approved your two posts and it must have crossed your reposts.

Your Ranjdje is gorgeous! I do occasionally pop in on the FB group to admire the 2019 wips. Some of them are quite lovely.

The squares would look marvelous in HDF reds! I went to the blog but was not able to find the search field. Going to look more closely. Found it!

Thanks for the tip!

Jcash
        Participant

I’m not sure why it went directly to Week 4 but I might have bookmarked that direct link. Anyone looking… just click the top name: LIN PULSION and it will take you righ to the most current post. From there you can back track to Week 1 and go!

For the squares.. click the little lines in top right and click SEARCH then write Petits Carres. It should take you to last years post and from there just keep looking until you find them all. Or I emailed her and purchased the pdf.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.