Twist help

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Twist help

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Sue
      Participant

Ok, you mad twisters out there, I need some help. I love Victorian Mauve, but I hate it because it’s really only two colors. I would love to make a 4 color version – two of the mauves, 2 of the blues, but I can’t find my tags or color component chart. I am looking at the original + a lighter mauve and a lighter blue to be added.

Any and all photos/help is greatly appreciated!

Jcash
      Participant

@suenope
      The components For Victorian Mauve are
      Mauve 1441 & Ethereal Blue 2301 OR
      DMC 3041 and DMC 159

The newer DMC changed the colors a lot from Vikki’s 2004 booklet. mauve is purple now and Ethereal Blue 159 IS the lightest. Vikki might be able to bleed out the color to make it lighter.

What I would do is match the 2 colors in your skein to the DMC sample chart booklet samples and then move up the DMC chart to find a lighter color in the same range.

Sue
      Participant

Oh, but that’s no fun! 🙂

Could someone who has time to play, post how 2319-2323-1439-1441 looks together? (willing to see other combos of mauve and blue – not firmly decided on light or medium, just not the darkest mermaids).

Many thanks in advance!

Jcash
      Participant

Yes, definitely more fun to play with Mini’s! Sadly, the ones in most stash collections won’t be ‘exactly’ the colors you get now since Vikki has redone all the solid DMC colors to match the 2020 booklet. DMC changed up a lot since 2004! 🙄😲

Mauve stayed pretty much the same but the colors progress better now from L-LM-M-MD-D. We won’t see Ethereal Blue until August 2022. And it’s only 3 colors now!!😧 I can’t decide if theY dropped the lightest one or the darkest one!

Mauve Series older(top) and new (Bottom)…hope that helps…

Mauve Series

Jcash
      Participant

Conch Horn… very different. Both pretty tho. Old top/ newer bottom.

Conch Horn

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

And I have the new mauve color – 27, 28 and 29.

Vikki

Jcash
        Participant

Oh I forgot about those!!! They look like they have a bit of grey in them as well!! Love the new colors 01-35(?) I think. 🥳🥳🥳

Veena

@jcash, I am confused by the new mauve series photo in your post. I thought mauve is going to be in the Feb fotm. And I can’t recall if we ran the Mauve series in the mini forum before @hkl9066 posted them recently.

Veena

@jcash, I think I figured it out. The photo you have labelled 2020 is not really the mauve series dyed in 2020; it is @hkl9066’s photo of the mauve series in her stash that she posted in the mini forum (in advance of the Feb fotm run). Vikki posted the new run of the entire mauve family only a day or two ago.

hkl9066

Yup, @Veena is correct. My photo is of the old formulations. I’ll start adding that to the FOTM listings and photos to prevent confusion in the future.

Let me think about a combo for @suenope, however given how stunning the formulation Mauves look, the current Mauve combos in the forum might be close to what you are after?

-Heather

hkl9066

Update – @suenope, if you are ok waiting a bit for your twist, let’s wait until I get my order of the new Mauve minis so I can use those to come up with some new combos. I have some new blues from the conversion kits I’ve been buying and I can use some of those to try and see what we come up with.

Sound good?

-Heather

Sue
      Participant

Heather – that sounds good. I already placed my order with Vikki and am in no real hurry re: this color combo. I am not hung up on it having to be ethereal or mermaid blue. I just love mauve and blues together and Vikki was dying mauve and blue. 🙂 I did find an old twist where we did a dark mauve, a very light mauve, and two medium/pale-ish blues. I like the spool, but my reaction was it was a bit too dark mauve oriented (might have been due to the light mauve making the dark stand out too much). What is in my mind right now is the blues being close together and the mauves being close together so it has a nice transition between the lighter and darker colors. Makes any sense?

Veena

Sounds absolutely gorgeous!! Vikki does wonders with detailed descriptions like that.

And since you are not particular about the blue, we have so many blues to choose from: Ethereal, Mermaid, Faded Denim, Magpie Tears, Velvet Midnight, Woad…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.