Twist help

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Twist help

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Jcash.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sue
      Participant

Ok, you mad twisters out there, I need some help. I love Victorian Mauve, but I hate it because it’s really only two colors. I would love to make a 4 color version – two of the mauves, 2 of the blues, but I can’t find my tags or color component chart. I am looking at the original + a lighter mauve and a lighter blue to be added.

Any and all photos/help is greatly appreciated!

Jcash
      Participant

@suenope
      The components For Victorian Mauve are
      Mauve 1441 & Ethereal Blue 2301 OR
      DMC 3041 and DMC 159

The newer DMC changed the colors a lot from Vikki’s 2004 booklet. mauve is purple now and Ethereal Blue 159 IS the lightest. Vikki might be able to bleed out the color to make it lighter.

What I would do is match the 2 colors in your skein to the DMC sample chart booklet samples and then move up the DMC chart to find a lighter color in the same range.

Sue
      Participant

Oh, but that’s no fun! 🙂

Could someone who has time to play, post how 2319-2323-1439-1441 looks together? (willing to see other combos of mauve and blue – not firmly decided on light or medium, just not the darkest mermaids).

Many thanks in advance!

Jcash
      Participant

Yes, definitely more fun to play with Mini’s! Sadly, the ones in most stash collections won’t be ‘exactly’ the colors you get now since Vikki has redone all the solid DMC colors to match the 2020 booklet. DMC changed up a lot since 2004! 🙄😲

Mauve stayed pretty much the same but the colors progress better now from L-LM-M-MD-D. We won’t see Ethereal Blue until August 2022. And it’s only 3 colors now!!😧 I can’t decide if theY dropped the lightest one or the darkest one!

Mauve Series older(top) and new (Bottom)…hope that helps…

Mauve Series

Jcash
      Participant

Conch Horn… very different. Both pretty tho. Old top/ newer bottom.

Conch Horn

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

And I have the new mauve color – 27, 28 and 29.

Vikki

Jcash
        Participant

Oh I forgot about those!!! They look like they have a bit of grey in them as well!! Love the new colors 01-35(?) I think. 🥳🥳🥳

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.