Show & Tell…with sprinkles!

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Show & Tell…with sprinkles!

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • Author
      Sim Swank
      Participant

It’s Fri-yay and we’ve been relatively quiet so I’m gonna a question. What other colors were dyed with sprinkles? 🤔
      Shown here are Dragon Droppings Wine and Nosegay 2101 with Sprinkles. So fun, right? Please show photos of your spools or stitched samples, thanks!

lyarrow
      Participant

I remember those….and I never bought any. 🙂 For some reason, they didn’t appeal to me and I wanted to spend my $ kitting up all the Scarlet Letter charts I had. Those many charts are still waiting on me to pay attention to them….

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by lyarrow.
      Sim Swank
      Participant

@lyarrow Yarn with sprinkles was all the rage for knitters last year or so too. I hope I can use these minis to stitch something up soon, waiting to be inspired.

lyarrow
      Participant

It would be fun to see a project stitched with one of them!

Veena

Dragon Droppings Wine – never seen it before and I thought I had all of the versions!

Here are two versions I have.

Stitched sample:

And I rescued this one from the silk garbage bin at the factory.

Sim Swank
      Participant

@Veena Ooh good job on that rescue! You got a whole cone of it? So pretty!

Veena

No, it wasn’t a whole cone, just some remnants on it.

Sim Swank
      Participant

It’s super cool!

ggggaea
      Participant

These are lovely – Jill what color is that (orange??)? Let’s not deprive the people. 😉

Sim Swank
      Participant

@ggggaea Dragon Droppings Wine. I guess I would describe it as peachy pink with splotches of red violet.

Lisa
      Participant

Both are beautiful but I really love the wine color.

Jcash
      Participant

These are soo cool!!! I’m gonna call one today just called Dragon Droppings but it might be similar to these. It’s gorgeous!!

Sim Swank
      Participant

@jcash I think @Veena wrote in her blog that Dragon Droppings never dyes the same every time so it would be cool to see what we get this round. Call it and I’ll claim some. 🤩

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

It never dyes the same twice cause I mix dye with salt, and then sprinkle that over a base color. Dragon Droppings was Fagales as a base I think. Who knows what was the sprinkle color? Looks like a red, that was light so it peached out over the brown Fagales. And then of course blue… I almost think I still have that mix someplace…
      AB Under the Sea – anyone remember that?!?! That was a sprinkle color too.

Vikki
      who loved sprinkle colors….

Sim Swank
      Participant

@VikkiHDF Ooh I want the AB Under The Sea definitely and whatever sprinkles you want to create! Maybe a Sprinkles series to celebrate your comeback? 🤩

Luv2stitch2

@Veena

Psst…..do you have…

Dragon Droppings Remake – Fagales 4457 with Jadeite, Yonder Blue, and OMG Red

Sim Swank
      Participant

I’m envisioning a green base with sprinkles so when you stitch grass it looks like a meadow of wildflowers. What do y’all think? Should we call it Garden Sprinkles?

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

You are SO good Barb! Those are the pures so they won’t split in a sprinkle!! When I ask for this again please tell me again. Cause old brain.
      Green would be a great base for flower sprinkles.

Vikki
      who loves it when it’s so fun

Luv2stitch2

dragon droppings

far left (jumbo) is a unlabeled mystery (Vikki playing?)

second left (jumbo) was simply labeled dragon droppngs (Wine version perhaps?)

top 2 minis: were labeled Dragon Droppings Remake – Fagales 4457 with Jadeite, Yonder Blue, and OMG Red

top right 2 minis: Veena created

bottom 2 minis: are Veena’s dumpster diving rescue (Green dragon Droppings)

UGH, not the best day for taking photos.

Veena

I will take photos of mine tomorrow morning.

skrieser
      Participant

I just went and looked. I have three unmarked lots and the green is labeled as Dragon Droppings Green

skrieser
      Participant

Let me try again with the picture.

Sim Swank
      Participant

@luv2stitch2 Ahhh I love that unlabeled mystery jumbo! Well I love them all haha.

@skrieser
      Oooh love those esp. the blue sprinkles. Thanks for posting pix!

hkl9066
      Participant

Here’s AB Under the Sea. I’ve never known what to use it for, but it’s very pretty.

– Heather
      I guess this makes me officially an old timer.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by hkl9066.
      Sim Swank
      Participant

@hkl9066 Hrmmm…That would work for grass too. What does AB stand for?

Luv2stitch2

Aura borealis. 😁

skrieser
      Participant

Under the Sea is lovely! If it runs through the mini forum I may end up with a couple.

Sim Swank
      Participant

@luv2stitch2 Ah. Aurora Borealis.

CristinG
      Participant

I also have the jumbo spool like Barbara does on the left of her picture and I have it noted as Confetti. I did a project with it and it turned out great.
      If I can get a decent picture of it, I’ll post it later.

Jcash
      Participant

Oh my!! I missed a LOT staying off my phone. I was opening and sorting 3 orders of Vikki silk… plus a lot of other crap I should have put away as it came in… 😂😂

@sims
      @veena @handdyedfibers_l7nu4k -Vikki

So this is the color I’m calling…pic from a gal on FB. Dragon Droppings What??? I can’t tell if it has blue… I see a few specks but also purple so maybe the blue hit the dark red and turned purple??? You guys tell me what this was called…. and I will call it!
      PS: can I call the AB Under the Sea??? It’s fabulous for grass! All that dimension!!

lyarrow
      Participant

@hkl9066 Heather, you know it’s an old-timers silk when there is no date. I have so many of those! 🙂

Sim Swank
      Participant

@CristinG I would love to see your stitched sample, Confetti is an apt name.

@jcash
      My silks traveled from one city to another, passing my house on the way. Was supposed to be here yesterday. USPS is weird. Anyhow, call all the sprinkles and I will claim some!

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

This is Dragon Droppings Blue

Luv2stitch2

Sounds like we need a Dragon Droppings LINE!

***ducks and runs like the wind***

Sim Swank
      Participant

I second this emotion! 😉

Jcash
      Participant

Me THREE!!! @luv2stitch2

@sims
      I’m ready to call them all the Dragon Dropping sprinkles!! Just need definitive names!!
      Is it all the Dragon Dropping names in the listing?

Jcash
      Participant

Oh @stitchervix ….. that is so pretty. Such a great ocean, flower, pretty blue bird or sky color. Thanks for showing it. May I use your photo to the call post?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Jcash.
      Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Sure! You may use my photo.

Sim Swank
      Participant

@Jcash I don’t think all of them have names but most were called Dragon Dropping <descriptive color name> so you might just have to see if the colors in the photo sample can be replicated.

Veena

Public service announcement – Dragon Droppings is never the same twice – *LoL*

Veena

Luv2stitch2

It’s fun seeing what you end up with! No two hanks are alike. 😂😂😂

Sim Swank
      Participant

Good thing I like speckled surprises. heehee

Veena

Here are my sprinkles.

I think this is the original one. @handdyedfibers_l7nu4k can confirm. I love it because the sprinkles blend in so well.

Bluer DD:

On the left below is Kodiak Bear 5121 with multi sprinkles. On the right are minis from the rescued cone I showed few days ago.

Jcash
      Participant

@stitchervix… Thanks!!

@veena
      …All gorgeous!!! The one I want most is the original one. In the line with Dragon Opal, Dragon Toes, Dragons Breath etc. It’s on the HDF list.
      On the FYI disclaimer….I was thinking way ahead. It will have to be called with a disclaimer! Something along the lines of…..

**Due to the unique way this style of color is dyed, the result is always a bit of a mystery. Understand that Vikki will work towards a certain color scheme but it is never guaranteed to look the same twice.**

I’m still working it!

Sim Swank
      Participant

Oh my now I really want to see what the 2020 Dragon Droppings will look like. Those are gorgeous @Veena !

davesgirl226
      Participant

I would also love a mystery dragon droppings if one is called, how different!

Luv2stitch2

@jcash ref disclaimer… 🙂 *giggle*

This is why I always grab 2 minis when ordering a DD. If I love it I’ll never be able to recreate it. And talking someone out of a mate is next to impossible. *ROFL*

So keep in mind… only 10 matching minis are (guaranteed?) in that hank. *yikes*

RobininVirginia
      Participant

I am enjoying seeing the sprinkles from the past. I think I have a couple in my stash.

Jcash
      Participant

@luv2stitch2… Oooooh… did not think about that!! I know I want at least 3 of original DD.

So what does everyone think of the disclaimer?? It will be Vikki’s final say since I don’t want to put her in any weird situation with a buyer. But I know if you don’t say right up front…”hey this is an experimental color… don’t get ya knickers in a knot if the colors aren’t exact” Fair Warning… you might have issues with The odd buyer.

Jcash
      Participant

@veena….. those are sooo pretty!!!

I’ll commit to 3 of each so we need 7 more sold and easy peasy.

So heres what I want:

Dragon Droppings Original
      DD AB Under the Seas ..Green version
      DD Blue…44Mamaw’s Version
      DD Kodiak bear 5121 base version

Then a NEW one..Halloween….

A Fagles4457 base w/sprinkles of:
      Rusty orange (terrapotta, RumScullian)
      black
      noseGay
      PopinJay

Luv2stitch2

@jcash My notes say “44Mamaw’s” version was:

Fagales 4457 with Jadeite, Yonder Blue, and OMG Red

See how different my minis appear compared to Veena’s? (Personally I think the different DD’s are a fun hoot!)

Jcash
      Participant

@luv2stitch2

I love all the versions!! Your version above is what made me think of Halloween! I see pale cream with a pale peachy orange and black or dk purple. I just thought wow halloween-ish color.

Maybe better to just call them by
      DD original
      DD Green
      DD Wine
      DD Blue
      DD Kodiak Bear 5121 base

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k
      Vikki can decide how she wants me to call them. I want her to okay dying them so I don’t have to go into hiding… 😂😂

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I can only do my best.
      If it’s terrible, then I can ALWAYS overdye them black. 🙂

Vikki
      willing to give anything a shot!

lynne s
      Participant

I love my dragon droppings…I think I only have two versions, but have never used them. I pulled some to maybe use on on Ink Circles pattern but I’ll need darker fabric I think. Does anyone have something stitched with one of the lighter ones? I think they’re so pretty on the spool!

Jcash
      Participant

Oh yay!!! I remembered these today and came to see if Vikki okayed then!! I’m gonna wait and let Vikki plan these as a series on her own time table for now. 🥰

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.