Personalized Quaker Sampler

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Personalized Quaker Sampler

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      RobininVirginia
      Participant

Stitched on 32 count vintage country mocha lugana and stitched with HDF in Blackboard. And thanks to @lyarrow for the beautiful design.

CristinG
      Participant

Very pretty!

Sim Swank
      Participant

Love this! <3

lyarrow
      Participant

Awww….a blast from the past! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Beautiful! Who is the designer?

Luv2stitch2

What a beauty Robin! I adore Quaker style and you must be thrilled!

I had to check my inventory of “Blackboard” and was surprised to find it was a custom twist!! (Really? REALLY???)

Here is the “recipe” for anyone interested: Mermaid Blue 2331, Magpie 2351 & wet sprayed with Basic Black 5300.

Thank you for sharing! (Hope to see it on your HDF Media page so I can drool again. LOL)

Veena

Looks lovely! I like the placement of the motifs. Blackboard is one of my favorites. Let me pull out a small piece I did in this color. Will post in a separate thread.

RobininVirginia
      Participant

@stitchervix , the designer is/was Linda Yarrow.

@luv2stitch2
      how does one create a media page? Please remember I am not tech savvy.

lyarrow
      Participant

About 15 years ago, I was using PC stitch to create designs. I created a huge French Alphabet Sampler very personalized for my family and I’m still stitching on it! lol And I designed a few small ones of which I shared with others and thus, Robin’s picture. πŸ™‚ I like symmetry a lot which also limits my creativity because you can get such interesting designs/patterns when you let go of your tendencies. I never managed to let go so did the designing just for fun. And….. because I didn’t want to pay the prices for a personalized French alphabet sampler!

Veena

@robininvirginia, go to My Account under Menu. Scroll down and click on Media. Under Options, you can add different albums if you want to categorize your photos. Or simply click on Upload. This will let you upload photos from your PC or phone. Photos must be 1MB or less.

RobininVirginia
      Participant

Thank you @veena for the directions! I will play around with them later. I do appreciate your help!

Veena

Great job with the design, @lyarrow! Would love to see your French Alphabet sampler WIP, so please share.

Jcash
      Participant

I can concur on the pricey French Alphabet samplers! You did an AMAZING job!!! It’s a great chart! @lyarrow

@robininvirginia
      … such a beautiful Quaker sampler. I am particularly fond of Quakers myself. I bought that book put out by StitchyBox(?) I think, showing all the early quaker designs and original pattern motifs. It’s a handy book.

PS: I think I’m might need some Blackboard!!

lyarrow
      Participant

@veena, Yes, I’ll get pics taken of the French Alphabet Sampler soon. πŸ™‚

Luv2stitch2

Eager to see it also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.