#outofthestashatlast

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum #outofthestashatlast

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      skrieser
      Participant

Hi all!

Anybody else pulling out old projects in October for #outofthestashatlast?

I pulled several and just need to finish getting my act together. I pulled 5 to have options and they may all end up getting started, because why not.

Sarah

lyarrow
      Participant

this is a new trend to me….but I already have so many wips that I can’t afford to pull out/start anymore till I have some completions. 🙂

skrieser
      Participant

What’s another WIP or 5?

I’ve managed to finish my oldest WIP (11 years old) and have manged to keep my starts to a dull roar.

I’ve had the kits I pulled for at least 8-10 years so it’s time they see daylight and feel some love.

infinite_needle
      Participant

Totally with you @skreiser. What is a few more WIPs to add to my stack. I think I am going to start up projects that use HDF silk. The silk that I have been hoarding for years because I didn’t think I would ever get more.

Veena

What is this hashtag, what are you supposed to do?

Veena (doesn’t like hashtags but that doesn’t stop her from looking).

skrieser
      Participant

The hashing was started by Julie McConnell of Reflections Framing and Stitching on Flosstube. It’s through Instagram and it’s meant to help get designs that have been in your stash for years and may have been skipped over in favor of the new and shiny. It starts on October 1 when you post a picture of you chart and supplies and stitch on that design until the following Wednesday when you post a picture of your progress then repeat the cycle Thursday with another design.

Sarah

Veena

@skrieser, thank you for the explanation. That sounds like fun! I am game. Would love to play here as I am not so active on Instagram. Looking forward to going through my stash this afternoon.

Veena

hkl9066
      Participant

Yes, thank you @skrieser for the explanation. @veena, we were just talking about new starts on old designs just recently. 🙂

So if I understand correctly, this would mean five new starts (five Thursdays) for the month of October? That sounds too fun to pass up.

Heather

Luv2stitch2

Watching from the sidelines….

@veena can tell you – – – I will fail due to the pressure! 😳🤣😳🤣😳

RobininVirginia
      Participant

I will be cheering on the sidelines. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s new starts or WIPs dragged out of the darkness.

Sim Swank
      Participant

All I know is the last 3 WIPs I’ve touched are all HDF projects…I can definitely start more but I’m all about #swywwyw (Had to toss in another hashtag for @Veena haha…That stands for “Stitch What You Want When You Want” and is read as swee-wee 😀 )

skrieser
      Participant

The original version was just four projects since there’s only 4 complete weeks in October starting on October 1, but I pulled 5 and couldnt narrow it down. That said only 2 of them are kitted in HDF. Two were purchases as kits and the last one, I purchased another dyer’s silk pack.

Looking forward to seeing all the gorgeous new starts!

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Sounds like fun. I will cheer from the sidelines with Robin.

After this birth sampler is finished, I am not sure what is next. I usually don’t stitch more than one piece at a time unless it is a travel piece. Because of Covid, I have not traveled and my travel piece is still in the tote bag.

Maybe until Covid is better, I may change my habits and work on 2 pieces at a time… One stitched with HDF and one with something else!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.