OMG the color names…BIG HAUL!

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum OMG the color names…BIG HAUL!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jcash
      Participant

A few weeks ago I see someone offering to sell their silks on the FB page and luckily I saw it right away. Yea please!! It’s been hilarious and so thrilling to finally start to peek at what I got. @sim-swank already got her peek at the whole lot.

7 small bags of mini’s and almost every thickness and one BIG bag with 90% micros! About 120 micro’s.

I’ll add a few more in comments. these are a few from the first 2 small bags! I need help identifying a few with no name. So anyone recognize no name there?? Looks like Bird Feathers and a soft yellow.. maybe 3 colors?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Jcash.
      • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Jcash.
      Jcash
      Participant

Some fun colors!!

I squealed finding this one!!
      L:Primordial Ooze: Umbrage 3469/Penny Wort 3447. Exactly the dirty green I was looking for!

R: And a Steelies mix! Was this the group mix or one someone just called. I’m definitely gonna need more of this one!

Jcash
        Participant

Did we miss this ‘Be’??? I don’t remember BeCherish on the list of ‘Be’ colors. I swear I would have ordered 3 of these. That grape and wine combo is to die for!!

No name for the pretty pinks:
        Phlox 1339/Oeillet 1205/ Venus’ Mirror 1303/ Winterberry 1421…
        but maybe a number? #3264 ??

Luv2stitch2

@jcash “#3264” is a build number…ignore it.

(Better yet, cross through it. The number was used in an old calling system. It is irrelevant now.)

Jcash
        Participant

OMG..Knucker??? 🤣 Please tell me there is a funny story to the name!!
        Knucker: Jewelweed 3169/Zinc 5237
        I can’t get those weird white specks off tho. They seem to be attached??!

And then Golden Necterine! 🍑
        Gold Rush 4227/ Gandy Dancer “sparkled”
        WHAT the heck is spackled!?😂😂😂

Beautiful Ethereal Blue combo:
        Ethereal Blue 2301/03/05 Love this one!

Lastly…OMOT Tempest?!! Gorgeous! Can’t find the component colors or the name anywhere. But soo pretty!!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Jcash.
        • This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Jcash.
      Jcash
      Participant

I forgot one!!

BeFuddled! Don’t know the components.

Mahogany… would love to know the components for this one. I know it got incorporated into a DMC color but the 2 shades are so pretty together.

??? But very familiar color.
      2331/2351 w/s black 5300
      Pretty!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Jcash.
      Leah
      Participant

Oh my GOSH what a haul! So happy for you – what fun you will have sorting and fondling. I’ll look at some the pics more closely later … Leah

I can’t help with any of the names or numbers, but thanks for posting some very pretty colors. I just love the Be_____ series. I can’t think of any where I look at it and think, “I’ll pass.”

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Leah.
        Jcash
        Participant

Thanks Leah! I’ll have more time to play and look in a bit but so happy to see some of the oldies that others have too!

lyarrow
      Participant

I have Knucker but it had lost it’s label so I’m glad to know what it is!

And wowzer! How exciting for you! I hope the person who sold decided not to stitch anymore because it’s sad to think they may have had to sell due to unfortunate circumstances. I would have been so sad to let that go unless I was done with stitching.

Jcash
        Participant

No worries Linda. I don’t think she sews anymore, I can’t remember her saying she emphatically stopped tho. But she just decided to part with them for non use. Nothing dire.

But her husband did convince her to still keep a good amount for herself and she’s using them now to bind junk journals and she makes pretty tassels for the journals out of the colors too. I can imagine those tassels would be stunning and shiny with all that glossy silk!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Jcash.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.