New DMC Color Book – but all the old HDF numbers are wrong!

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum New DMC Color Book – but all the old HDF numbers are wrong!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I’m so excited – the new DMC color card came today and it’s so clean and pristine!
      New colors!!
      BUT – all the old HDF colors are NOW WRONG!!!! Cause they were in DMC color card order and now?!?!?!
      While everyone I’m sure can get past that, what do I name the new colors?!?!

Vikki
      befuddled!

lyarrow
      Participant

well…I never even noticed the older ones were in DMC order….so it won’t bother me a bit!! Whatever you decide, we will go with the flow πŸ™‚

maestraxanth
      Participant

No… The DMC numbers are now wrong for not being in HDF order!

I’m the Professor. I decide what’s correct!

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k
      Let’s see now…For DMC 1-35 these colors have their own family so we do need to come up with new names for them:
      1-4 (grays, Tin) – I suggest Stannum, Latin word for tin
      5-8 (browns, Driftwood) – Driftwood is fine
      10-12 (yellow greens, Tender Green) – Fresh Green or Tea Leaves
      20-22 (reddish browns, Alizarin) – Alizarin is fine
      24-26 (very light purples) – Still thinking, I’m stumped
      27-29 (light purples) – Wisteria
      30-32 (dark purples) – Nightshade
      33-35 (red violets) – Sangria

DMC 9 is now the darkest Orchid Smoke = HDF # 5117
      DMC 13 is in between 2 existing shades so Isle Green # 3202
      DMC 23 is now the lightest Enchanter Rose = HDF # 1317

I can’t tell if 14-16 fits in with the Popinjays or should have their own family, but if they do they can be 3295-3299.
      Similarly, if 17-18 fits in with the Umbrages they can be 3457 and 3459.

πŸ™‚

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

My brain fried when I looked at it. Honestly. I couldn’t even find the Quinces!!
      The colors are now more in the base dye colors than they were before, so I see the logic to it all. But it’s going to take some getting used to! And as you state – some colors are already essentially done.
      Nice to have more purples to choose from.

Vikki
      very happy she got this card!

Luv2stitch2

Simm….. how many months have you been sleeping with those new colors underneath your pillow??πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

Sim Swank
      Participant

@luv2stitch2 Who, me? πŸ€“

Sue
      Participant

Not me! No pillow stashing going on here. I got 5 sets of the new colors, mostly with 60% Michael’s coupons or through Mary Jane’s when she was going out of business and have been using them when substituting out colors with reckless abandon. I love the new greys, browns and purples and one day may grow to like the light lime greens. … maybe …

CristinG
      Participant

I have never used the DMC color card, just your tag books, so I honestly had no idea they were supposed to be in that order.
      When I got my tag book for solids, I think I rearranged them to number order because of my (slight) OCD and color groups were not orderly enough for me.
      Cristin (who thinks her HDF tag books are perfect and ignores DMC’s poor logic)

Jcash
      Participant

I wondered if you would class the newbies as their own groups or not Vikki…. @handdyedfibers_l7nu4k

How about calling 24-26 Lavender Kiss?
      They are lavender but just a kiss of color. Stupid? Or no. Or Lavender Blush? They really only have a drop of color to them.

Darn @sims … you brain is in overdrive! But I love all the names. I vote for those if that’s how you want to go Vikki.

Oh and Jill….. when I got my new DMC book last week I went to go switch with the old one and realized I ALREADY HAD THE NEW ONE! πŸ₯΄ D’uh… BUT, they did fix the offset number issue. Some are a tiny bit low but everything stays within the thread color block now. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Sim Swank
      Participant

@Jcash Lol I’ve had time to think about the new colors. I might have to get a new booklet if they fixed the alignment cuz mine drives me a bit bonkers.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.