Need photos for Old Maid Series

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Need photos for Old Maid Series

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Jcash
      Participant

Any colors you have would be great! I already have Abyss, Soil and Sea.
      Already called Clay… but would love them all! Thanks!!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Fun series!

Vikki

lyarrow
      Participant

OMOT Vineyard is one of my favorites! I will post a pic of a finished project with it tomorrow.

Veena

Link to Luv2stitch2’s Variegated Album

davesgirl226
      Participant

@veena I clicked on your link, is the yellowish one old maid of the clay? What is the first picture called? I love them all, just want to get my colors right

hkl9066
      Participant

@davesgirl226 Here is OMOT Clay.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by hkl9066.
      Veena

Click on the photo and you will see she has written the color name under each photo.

Luv2stitch2

Oooo, @Veena! I think we’ve solved the mystery of how they miss the names!!!! (We’ve truly been stumped guys! 😂)

Yup, click on those photos gals!!! Now you can really see how horrible my photog skills are!!! 🥳🤣😳

❤️-B

Jcash
      Participant

@luv2stitch2….. Thank you so much for all the photos. I went off to get all the photos and then I started adding words to the top of them and got lost in doing that. Came back and you had posted a couple I was coming to post.😂

Hint on the photos… if you are using a phone(?) well an iPhone but I assume an android works this way too… anywoo
      When you frame the picture, tap your finger on the screen on the OBJECT (the center of the mini) and that makes it focus there. Your grid on the mat wanted ALL THE FOCUS!! 😂😂

ggggaea
      Participant

Gorgeous footage @luv2stitch2 – ty so much!

Jcash
      Participant

So QUESTION about the Old Maid Series….. I have the 12 colors listed on the “inventory sheet” in the FB files…
      Liberty, Abyss, Aubergine, Clay, Forest, Heart, Hive, Night, Sea, Soil, Tempest, and Vineyard. (12) Sadly no components.

But I also found these in the files for variegated. This lists a bunch more as NEW Old Maid colors:
      Antiquity. Depths, Dreams, Evergreens, Hare, Lake, Poppy, Smoke, Sorrow, Surf, and Venus…??
      Any pictures of those colors?

Judy
      ~ who is rather inquisitive and curious now

Luv2stitch2

All but one of my photos are considered regular line old maid. All the other names are new, from someone who shall not be named, playing. 😇🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it… ROFL

hkl9066
      Participant

I too am curious about these newer OMOT colors, especially since they are listed as “deconstructed” Rubbed colors on the New Old Maid list and I don’t know what that means. Anyone?

-Heather

Veena

@luv2stitch2, alright alright! I will take photos this afternoon.

Veena

@hkl9066, it means that we used the same components as the corresponding Rubbed color but Vikki dyed it in the OMOT technique rather than the Rubbed technique. So though the component colors are the same, the color flow is different. You can see it in my L’Hiver WIP where I used OMOT Flash (deconstructed Rubbed Sampler Red) for the poinsettias and Rubbed Sampler Red for the dress.

hkl9066
      Participant

Ah! That’s kind of what I thought, but wasn’t sure. So straight color runs instead of the wet spray overlay? Thank you for the clarification.

Veena

@jcash, I have uploaded some of the OMOT photos on my media page. I did it all very quickly, so apologies if I have duplicated any that have already been posted. And if anything is missing, just holler.

I didn’t add labels within each photo, it all gets too time consuming. Click on each photo and you will see the color name in the description.

My Variegated Album

Jcash
      Participant

@veenaAgain! You are a star!!

Thanks so much for all your amazing photos!!! I’m off to name and call just a ‘few’ more! 🤣😁🤣

Question if I may… in your picture of the L’hiver WIP you show 3 mini’s (?) or spools of 2 reds and one Christmas blend of green/red/gold. What is that Christmas colts name?? I’d love to have some!! I have several bands I wan to do for Christmas on my new Xmas colored banding and it’s perfect!!! Thanks much!!

Luv2stitch2

@jcash

Yellow Spice 4165/Imperial Green 3337/OMG Red 1145.

😊

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.