Micro Forum and Anna Sofia Bircham, part 2

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Micro Forum and Anna Sofia Bircham, part 2

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      hkl9066
      Participant

Wow, the Micro Forum is up and ready to go! Hooray for our mods! @veena @luv2stitch2 you two are the best!

@maestraxanth
      whenever you or someone else wants to build the listing for Anna Sopia Bircham, with photo, I’ll be happy to share with the Our Sampler Years FB group. As mentioned earlier, you are already halfway to your minimum of 12, so I doubt it will take long to get to the required numbers.

Exciting times!

-Heather

Luv2stitch2

NOTICE:

After some final calculations, the number of kits or micros needed is 14.

maestraxanth
      Participant

Okay, I have everything except a picture of the silks for Anna Sophia forum post.

I added a couple of things such as where to get the chart, stitch count with a plug for picking up the linen here too, and a reminder that if you call a set, you need to follow through and buy your kit!

I’ll post my draft in the next comment. Feel free to edit as needed– remember,Vikki has the final say!!!

maestraxanth
      Participant

Someone please tell me whether or not that showed up right! On kyscreen it trails off official into the blue background right after the line that says “pdf instant download.”

maestraxanth
      Participant

CHART NAME: Anna Sophia Bircham 1871
      DESIGNER: Hands Across the Sea Samplers

Pdf instant download:

Anna Sophia Bircham 1871

TOTAL NUMBER OF MICROS NEEDED IN DESIGN: 30 SOLID MICROS IN 6SR
      KIT PRICE: $90.00 +shipping

Colors needed:
      Qty HDF DMC
      Steelies 2447 928
      2 Liquid Gold 4177 3852
      Steelies 2451 926
      Oeillet 1205 892
      Magpie Tears 2341 3753
      Haywains 4125 677
      Sea Wrack 3435 730
      Quince 1407 223
      Quince 1403 224
      Magpie Tears 2347 931
      Haywains 4127 422
      Magpie Tears 2345. 932
      Luteous Green 3259 895
      Gandy Dancer 1109 3328
      OMG Red 1147 816
      2 Winter Berry 1431 902
      Quern Stones 5167 3862
      Venus Mirror 1309 3350
      Ochre 4409 975
      PennyWort 3447 3011
      Cerveza 4145 782
      3 Brass Tacks 3453 371
      Night Smoke 5311 844
      AquaMarine 2439 3809
      Kail 3365 520
      OMG Red 1151 814

TOTAL NUMBER OF KITS REQUIRED TO SELL FOR VIKKI TO DYE THE ABOVE PATTERN CONVERSION IS (14) FOURTEEN. NO EXCEPTIONS.

IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A KIT/SET, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH YOUR PURCHASE. AS A SMALL BUSINESSWOMAN, VIKKI IS COUNTING ON YOUR BUSINESS WHEN SHE DYES YOUR THREAD!

STATE THE QUANTITY YOU WOULD LIKE BELOW. (ONE KIT, TWO KITSโ€ฆETC.)

**** This thread is for full kits only. If you would like to purchase micros of only a few colors from this list, please start separate topics for the colors you want in the micro forum ****

STITCH COUNT IS: 260(W) X 303 (H). Hand dyed linen linen in a variety of counts is also available through the “Shop” link.

Luv2stitch2

Might I suggest Parentheses, such as??๐Ÿ˜‡

(2) Winter Berry 1431 (902)

Great job!!! โค๏ธ

Anna Sofia sure is a beauty!! (Link worked for me.)

hkl9066
      Participant

Looks great to me! I think @Luv2stitch2’s suggestion makes sense, especially for new HDF users, who are unfamiliar with her color names and numbers.

Also, $90 for a silk kit is VERY reasonable. Just WOW.

-Heather

skrieser
      Participant

Is it sad I already had all of these in enough quantity to stitch Anna?

These are in the same order as the list above.

maestraxanth
      Participant

OMG they are GORGEOUS!!!

As soon as Vikki approves the wording, I’ll post!

Thank you all so much! I dearly missed the support and camaraderie of this group!

Jcash
      Participant

I fiddled with this today. They are a lot less garish than I thought seeing the chart picture at first glance. Much more towards my taste. Still thinking…

Anna Sophia Bircham

maestraxanth
      Participant

Even more beautiful! That was a LOT of work!

maestraxanth
      Participant

If Vikki wants to sell fabric for this one too, the model was stitched on a high count WDW Straw linen, which isn’t that easy to get either. It’s DMC 436(Kodiak Bear 5129.) Just sayin’!

hkl9066
      Participant

Wow, looks great!

One other thing I thought of. Maybe you might want to add that this kit will provide sufficient thread amounts to stitch the design in the called for thread count linen, but that if they stitch at a lower thread count, they might need to purchase two kits. I know it seems obvious, but better to be safe than sorry?

I was having a conversation earlier with Vikki about setting up Micros in the shop so that people could purchase. I think the plan is that she is going to ask that people not purchase the kit until the listing is closed, as opposed to when it hits 14, but correct me if I got that wrong @handdyedfibers_l7nu4k. Maybe you might want to add that in as well?

-Heather

Veena

Thank you for the photos, @skrieser amd @jcash. It sure takes a lot of time to pull single micros and then photograph them.

I know this suggestion is different from what is in the template (I just thought of it) but I am wondering if it makes more sense to list the DMC color first, and then the HDF. Like so:

(928) Steelies 2447

This might make it easier to compare and cross-reference with the listing in the pattern.

Veena

Jcash
      Participant

Not so much work really…and happy to help! @luv2stitch2 provided all those lovely pictures for the solids and I started labeling them a few or so at a time to keep in my picture files. I am much more of a visual person; so I wanted to really SEE the colors!

I do like @veenaโ€™s suggestion if the DMC first. Gives you that nice dmc column in the front.

Luv2stitch2

Yes, DMC first is so much easier for โ€œnew to HDFโ€ stitchers! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

WOW! You guys are AMAZING!!!!

I’m not exactly sure yet how I’ll handle the payment/order option. Or exactly if I’ll need 14.
      I realize at some point I’ll have to pin this down. Sometimes though I’m dyeing things you don’t see and can piggyback dyeing onto those jobs and that will impact my decision.

You can always say if you float these kits on some other board you can always say they can drop me a line to reserve one.

Vikki
      who knows we’ll all get there

maestraxanth
      Participant

Okay, the post is done and awaiting moderation (SO glad it is, because dollars to donuts I botched attaching the picture!)

I CALL FIRST KIT!!!!!

Veena

@maestraxanth, we have no idea why the post went into “pending moderation”. Anyhow, when I clicked on Approve, the post just disappears. But using the Back button, I was able to retrieve your text, so I posted it as a new post. But somehow the photo is gone. I am still looking into it, but at least the post is up now and people can call.

Veena

Okay, it’s fixed now. The image was too large, so I took a screenshot of @jcash’s photo, reduced the size, uploaded to my Media page, and included in the post. Whew!

@maestraxanth
      , I made some minor edits to the post to increase clarity, but didn’t delete anything you wrote. Hope you don’t mind.

maestraxanth
      Participant

Thank you so much for fixing the photo, getting the post up, and editing (improving) the text. I’ve been a tech and academic writer long enough to *expect* editing. (I have had editors who made things…. “Less gooder” but you didn’t do that!)

I’ve called my kit! I know someone is posting the kit to Our Sampler Years. I’ll post it to Sampler Heart.

Vikki, do you mind if I post it to Instagram, since I know how all the tagging works there?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by maestraxanth.
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Of course Jamie. I hope this works and I truly appreciate all the hard work that you all put into these things, to get them off the ground.
      I always felt that the business grew because of people who wanted something and pushed me to those limits.

Vikki

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.