Interest in SSR versus 6 strand

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Interest in SSR versus 6 strand

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      davesgirl226
      Participant

Is there any interest in SSR? I myself find it’s easier to use on 36/40 count or do most people prefer 6 strand? Opinions please. I would like to call Dragons Blood, not sure if more people would prefer the 6 strand. Dragon Blood is a dark pink/red

csogle
      Participant

Photo of a piece I am stitching a piece in Dragon Blood now using 6 strand

csogle
      Participant
      infinite_needle
      Participant

I work on a variety of fabric counts and as a result will only buy 6SR in variegated as trying to match up two stands of SSR would be a nightmare. In solid colors I will purchase either.

Luv2stitch2

Isn’t Dragons Blood beautiful?!?!?!? @csogle Your pieces are lovely!

I love it all but @infinite_needle and I think exactly alike! 🙂

{{{off to check inventory…}}}

Veena

I prefer 6sr over SSR.

Veena

Jcash
      Participant

Oh shoot… I got a few SSR yesterday in my order and I didn’t think about having to match the strands perfectly! Oh well. I don’t usually worry with each separate stitch unless I really want the variegation to show. But I’m guessing that since mentioning I’ll likely do the same and stick to 6SR for the variegated ones.

@davesgirl226
      … love the color! @csogle Both of your pieces are lovely!!!

hkl9066
      Participant

For variegateds, I prefer 6SR because it is more versatile if I am stitching on a lower count, or if I am using it for a different technique such as needlepoint or surface embroidery where I will need more than one strand.

If the color is a solid, than of course it matters less if it is SSR or 6SR.

Ginger Carneal
      Participant

I prefer SSR to be honest. I tend to stitch on the higher counts and it is simply more convenient.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I have lots of SSR. I can do half skeins of SSR when I dye a 6 stranded if we can figure out a way to work that out.

Vikki

davesgirl226
      Participant

That would be great, for example, the Examplar crushed berry SSR Is now at 6, and BeBopped pink, 5, so we’re at half hank now

Jcash
      Participant

I noticed that @davesgirl226 after this discussion of matching single strands but figured I do my best and go with it.

But half skeins would be awesome at some point Vikki!!

CristinG
      Participant

I prefer 6SR…. just my opinion.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

So what I did was announce that any SSR people could call on a color thread. The 6SR has to follow the rules to get dyed – multiples of 10, but the SSR people will get theirs when I dye the color, even if only one was called.
      Take a look at the topic in the forum where I cover this.

Vikki
      who believes in speak and be heard!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.