Instagram Hashtag?

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Instagram Hashtag?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Jackie
      Participant

Is there an IG hashtag for HDF that I’m missing? #vickyclaytonhanddyedfibers only had a few posts and that doesn’t seem right!

skrieser
      Participant

I usually use #hdfsilk or just #hdf

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I literally don’t even know what this post means. I know what a hashtag is but I don’t know what you two are talking about.

Vikki

lyarrow
      Participant

Vikki, you just gave me my giggle for the day!

Here is the definition:a word or phrase preceded by a hash sign (#), used on social media websites and applications, especially Twitter, to identify messages on a specific topic.

It brings the post to the attention of users faster if they follow particular hashtags. For example, I’m the director of our Guatemala Education Abroad program and when I post about it on Twitter, I use the hashtag #educationabroad and people who don’t know about our program can learn more because they follow that hashtag.

Sim Swank
      Participant

I usually use #hdfsilks but also have used #vikkiclaytonsilks once or twice.

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k On Instagram, you can choose to follow hashtags instead of people so it’s easier to see who has the same interests as you per topic without seeing all the posts by that person that may not be of interest to you. Just another way to classify and control info. Hope this helps clarify Somewhat, Vikki. 🙂

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

OK so….. Then if I was going to Instagram some HDF thing I would? Have a hashtag? Use a hashtag? Can I be a hashtag? If we all agreed on a hashtag then people could follow that hashtag?
      Facebook is doing some kind of Instagram integrated hashtag thing that I didn’t quite get but I’d post on one or the other and it would show on the one I didn’t post to. Or something like that.
      So does that mean I’d be a hashtag? That I get to pick?

Vikki

Veena

#justshowmeHDF&theheckwithyourothercrap 😂😂

Veena

And now I no idea what Vikki’s latest post means either 😂😂

lyarrow
      Participant

lol Vikki and Veena! I think it would be good to have a common hashtag. I like #HDFsilks, I prefer shorter. 🙂

Sim Swank
      Participant

Yes you can choose to use any hashtag as in #vikkiclayton or whatever you want to tag your posts with but that’s not exclusive to you because anybody can use that hashtag too, like a topic title almost. It’s not like your @ identity that is tied to you and only you.

davesgirl226
      Participant

oh boy, I’m confused, so I sign in to Instagram, and type #HDFsilks and posts will come up for vikkis silks?

Sim Swank
      Participant

@davesgirl226 Yes, you will see all the posts that have that tag. Try it and see, it’ll make sense when you are on Insta.

Jackie
      Participant

I’m so embarrassed! I spelled Vikki’s name wrong in my original post. 🤦🏻‍♀️

RobininVirginia
      Participant

When I did my previous search, I used #hdfsilk or #hdfsilks. I like @veena ‘s hashtag, but it might us blocked or put in time out.

I do think it would be nice to have some simple and standard, so we could readily search along with potential converts or even those who don’t know Vikki has returned.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

OK OK – that makes more sense. But if I was going to be an Instagram account which is what Facebook is pushing I could be something like HDFSilks and then those hashtags I put up would show on an #hdfsilks feed? I saw Robin’s post about silks on Instagram and that was one of her hashtags.
      This is only intriguing because it’s just too hard for me to post on Facebook. As silly as this sounds, I just can’t imagine anything I do is worthy of a whole post. So on Facebook I’m using it like a newsletter – when a new item is posted on the web site. But I almost think that Instagram I could just shoot a pic of the colors when I cone them….. Or when something is particularly lovely when I dye it – or the aftermath of a dye sink when I do red….

Vikki

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k Yes you can be @hdfsilks since I verified that IG name isn’t taken yet and you can tag every post you make with #hdfsilks and all of those will show up under that hashtag together with everything else that other people post with that hashtag.

And yes, Insta is great for posting photos quickly to give us all instant eye candy. Which is really what it’s for.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

OK – I THINK I am now HDFSilks. And I think it’s hooked to Facebook – at least Instagram knew I had a business Facebook page and said it connected them. Whatever THAT means.
      So I took pictures and hashtagged it and Instagram said it was my first HDFSilk’s post!!

Vikki
      feeling ever so old

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by VikkiHDF.
      Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k Yay you did it! So if you noticed on your post on IG, #hdfsilks is blue so if you click or tap it (depending on what device you’re using) it links to the Top posts that used that hashtag. You can scroll down or tab over to Recent/Most recent and your post is the first photo there until someone else uses the hashtag. The default view is Top Posts but I prefer Recent because I like chronology. 🙂

davesgirl226
      Participant

Thanks for explaining this to us @sims 🙂

davesgirl226
      Participant

@sims when you say top posts, what do you mean? The ones that are clicked on the most?

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

So am I now an @ or do I have to do something else on Instagram?

Vikki

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k Yes you are now @hdfsilks and you don’t need to do anything but post whenever you like and interact with those commenting as necessary. If you want to follow specific people or hashtags then you can but you don’t have to.

@davesgirl226
      Yes, Top Posts are the ones that got the most likes and/or comments.

Jcash
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k….
      I followed you Vikki!!! Those colors are looking soo good!!

Tip!….. If you answer someone’s direct question; hit the ‘reply’ under their comment and you’ll see their name pop up automatically first in the comment box that pops up. This lets IG notifications tell them that you responded to them.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

THAT’S a very cool trick! Thanks!

Vikki

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.