In Need of Special Photo Help

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum In Need of Special Photo Help

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Stitcher Vix
      Participant

I must need to take the photo class again!

Someone had posted that they post pictures from their media page. How do you do that? I created a media page but cant seem to get the photos into a post.

Can more than one photo be in a post?

And in case it makes a difference, I am trying to post from a PC.

Thank you for the help.

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

I tried the method of inserting a photo from my media page using the img tag option. It says the post is pending moderator approval. Is this what is supposed to happen or have I done something incorrectly?

Sim Swank
      Participant

@stitchervix I think that error message pops up but if you try again it will go through without needing approval. Here’s what I did before to link to a single photo instead of the whole album that is stored in my Media page.

From my laptop, I loaded the photo I wanted on the screen, right clicked on it and selected “Copy image address” and pasted that as the URL under Link

Hope this helps!

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

I tried the second time to use the link created when I opened the image in a new tab from my media page and it posted with a broken link. When I tried it again the entire post *poofed* away.

I will try directly from my computer photo program and see if that created link works,

Thank you so much.

Veena

I am not sure why it asked for mod approval, it shouldn’t happen. In any case, I went into your post and posted the image link that I grabbed from your media page. I did this from my Mac laptop.

Grabbing image links works slightly differently on a PC/laptop than on a phone. On your media page, click on any photo. This opens the photo on it’s own page. To copy the image link, I pressed Control + select on my Mac (the equivalent of this on a PC might be to right click on the image once it opens in its own page). Select Copy Image Address. Then paste this address in the IMG box when you are drafting your post.

Here’s how to recognize whether you have grabbed the right link when you are on the photo page:

If you copy the page address, it will be:
      https://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/members/stitchervix/media/

Whereas the image address is:

https://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/users/118/2020/09/DSCN1351-2-II-800×763.jpg?1601248017

lyarrow
      Participant

I can only put one photo in a post (from media files). Every time I tried to post multiple photos, the post disappeared.

Veena

And while I was in your gallery, I stopped and looked at all your photos. You have some very beautiful finishes! Hopefully you will be able to make posts about them now without a hitch. Let me know if you run into issues.

Jcash
      Participant

Ditto what @veena mentioned… your stitching is amazing!! Such lovely work!!! 😊

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Thank you Veena. I was attempting to put the HDF finishes on the media page and eventually post some of them. It’s a work in progress. I appreciate your help with Dames Boarding School.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.