How Do You Store Minis

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum How Do You Store Minis

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      EKennedy
      Participant

After hearing about Vikki’s silks for several years, I was tickled pink when I discovered this site. Now that I’ve started my collection, I’m running into difficulty deciding the easiest way to store minis. How does everyone store/track their stash of these glorious silks? Thanks for any ideas.

lyarrow
      Participant

I have old DMC cabinets for all my floss and I group them in the drawers by color groups. I keep a small tote by my chair for the floss I need to access quickly (projects I’m currently working on)

EKennedy
        Participant

Lucky you to have one of the old DMC cabinets!!! By chance do you keep some kind of a notebook to keep track of which projects your mini’s are in? Thank you for sharing-

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

I store mine in various boxes with compartments. They will fit on their sides and the color of the thread shows.

EKennedy
        Participant

Thank you for sharing. Put me in the direction of looking for some kind of storage where the mini’s/micro’s can lay on their side. I didn’t know if anyone used a ring and strung them, and how the labels would work.

Jcash
      Participant

I was going to use the same containers @veena uses, but once I got a few I realized I had no space to store them as they are flat and wider. Plus I had gotten used to what I had been using…much easier to carry around. So I bought more. One handle and 8 levels!! (2 ‘4-level’boxes clipped together or 7 on this one.)

Storage

EKennedy
        Participant

Thank you for sharing your system. it looks nice, neat, tidey, and you can see thru the sides. Thank you for sharing.

Jcash
      Participant

Since double pictures always sends me to moderation.. I’ll add the compartment one here. They tuck away really well as I get more. The Attar of Roses took 2 sections and I have mini’s and micro’s together from light to dark. All in all I have this one with 7 layers, one with 8 (2x 4 levels) and one that had 6 levels. All from Amazon!!
      Hope that helps. I love having one handle and I can carry away every color!!

Attar of Roses stored

EKennedy
        Participant

Thank you for sharing this view. It gives me more insight as to how many mini’s/micro’s will fit. I see you’ve added a sticker w/mane and colors that make up that group of mini’s. Thank you again for sharing-

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by EKennedy.
      maestraxanth
      Participant

I use the double-sided Creative Options 5315 box to store my “back stock” of micros. 1 box will almost hold a full set of solids and another easily holds a full set of variegated. (Hint: Michaels, Amazon, and others want $22+ for this box. Joann’s online currently has them for $8.99– I paid $12.99 each 10 years ago. That might mean they are discontinuing it though.)

For minis or micros I’m using in a project, I keep them in The regular ArtBin bobbin boxes. They make a large version, but most designs don’t use that many and that box doesn’t fit into my project bags as nicely as the regular box. These run about $3.50-$5.00 each, depending on where you buy them.

EKennedy
      Participant

Thank you for sharing. I’m off to look at those boxes

Luv2stitch2

Storage discussion

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.