HDF Questions-Beginnings/Info on Silks

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum HDF Questions-Beginnings/Info on Silks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

As a NEWBIE to Vikki’s silks (and sampler stitching), would someone that’s been around awhile have the time & like to share some background on Vikki’s Hand Dyed Fibers? You know, the how, the when, the where story. How did the business start, how long ago was the beginning, etc.? All I know is Vikki dyed (dyes) beautiful silks, everyone loved(s) them, and then they were gone. And now they’re back! Please, please, please someone tell the story. 😜😜😜

After reading a few of the Chat Forums more questions came up-
      I’ve read posts referring to old color(s)/lists & PDF’s (? twists, new color combos?) in the files- is this info still available? Where?
      What are “Dragon” colors?
      How does the numbering system works?
      How do I do conversions?
      I know that’s a lot of questions 😜 ,but would love to know how to best utilize the silks I can’t say no to! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’“πŸ˜Š. Thanks for all your time!

Luv2stitch2

I’ve read posts referring to old color(s)/lists & PDF’s (? twists, new color combos?) in the files- is this info still available? Where?

Files section at Hand Dyed Fibers Fanatics on Facebook.

What are β€œDragon” colors?

Simply fun names Vikki conjured up for a variegated collection…

Dragon Blood
      Dragon Breath II
      Dragon Claw
      Dragon Fire
      Dragon Heart
      Dragon Hoard
      Dragon Opal
      Dragon Toes
      Dragon Tongue

How does the numbering system works?

The HDF system (FOR SOLIDS) had a family name and then a 4 digit number ending in an odd number.

Example:

Faded Denim 2229
      Faded Denim 2231
      Faded Denim 2233
      Faded Denim 2235
      Faded Denim 2237

Variegated Colors are a name only.

Also see the post titled “Soooo THISTLE 5428????” concerning the numbering system for the 35 new DMC colors Vikki will be adding to HDF.

How do I do conversions?

Easiest way to get the hang of “twisting” is to grab your DMC. (Book or skeins) Choose 3 colors you like and post your call in the forum. (A photo of your “twist” is always helpful.)

Example: DMC 161/327/3851

Vikki will convert the DMC numbers to HDF and create lovely minis based upon your DMC twist.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thank you Luv2stitch2 for the info and resources. This a great community, and I appreciate all the help I’ve received.

Luv2stitch2

Vikki talking about the dye she uses.

Scroll down to Vikki’s post.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.