FOTM # 1 – Sneak Peek!!!

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum FOTM # 1 – Sneak Peek!!!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Veena

Rubbed Aluminum to Rubbed Cream.

Veena

Breaking photos into 2 posts.

lyarrow
      Participant

The rubbed aluminum is gorgeous! thanks for the sneak peek 🙂

Sim Swank
      Participant

Ooh…eggsoited! 😍

infinite_needle
      Participant

So excited about these. I love Rubbed Copper.

midniterose58
      Participant

I cannot wait!!

Sim Swank
      Participant

So what’s the story behind Rubbed Chocolate versions 1 & 2? 🤓

Veena

@sims, back in the summer of 2013, I had floated the idea of extending the Rubbed color line to Vikki because it was such a lovely concept, and the colors were just so scrumptious. So we started playing: we would pick a name, choose the components, Vikki would dye it in SSF, and if she was satisfied that the resulting color fitted her criterion for Rubbed, it became part of the line. For Chocolate Brown, we tried two versions, and she was happy with both. We couldn’t decide which one to toss out, so they became versions 1 and 2.

We were crazed that summer. When the dye pots had settled, we had a total of 60 colors in the Rubbed line – not including 4 “failed” colors, which were quite exquisite, never mind that they failed the Rubbed test.

Veena (is ready for Sim’s next question – lol)

infinite_needle
      Participant

Failed Rubbed Orange is one of my favorite colors. I regret only purchasing one.

momofcats
      Participant

These are beautiful!

MoDineen
      Participant

Just take ALL my money. 😆

Luv2stitch2

Can you imagine PANDEMIC stitched in CREAM? 😍🥰😍🥰😍🥰😍

austind
      Participant

looking forward to Floss of the Month!
      I had asked Vikki if she would consider doing a set of Reds, Blues, Pinks, etc. If we could order 5 spools or 10 spools of 1 color family but different. Similar to the Quaker piece that was recently posted on FB. 10 reds. I am not fluent in the names, but having a set ready to go for a Quaker piece or any other monochromatic piece would be Fantastic!
      Thank you for considering.

austind
      Participant

Rubbed black looks like another color I would just need to order extra spools of. Variegated but can be used for many projects!

Sim Swank
      Participant

@Veena Haha…I do love knowing these stories and appreciate you taking the time to tell. Bummed I missed the glorious Summer of 2013! Hopefully we will also get the Failed Rubbed colors this year, those sound fun! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

RobininVirginia
      Participant

Thanks for the sneak peek! I loved the Rubbed colors and hope to fill in the holes in my set.

Jcash
      Participant

OMG OMG OMG!!!😱
      They are all gorgeous but orange being my favorite color….. gotta have extra of that pumpkin colored beauty!!!

Sim Swank
      Participant

@jcash @infinite_needle I had my hubs scroll through the photos and he was like “Ooh, Rubbed Copper!” and he’s colorblind. So that says a lot. 😆

skrieser
      Participant

I remember that summer and so does my credit card. But, oh the colors that came out of it!

skrieser
      Participant

I remember that summer and so does my credit card. But, oh the colors that came out of it!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.