Favorite Black(ish) etc.

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Favorite Black(ish) etc.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Sim Swank
      Participant

Hi all,

What’s your favorite dark color that is black or close to black? Thanks!

My .jpg files exceed the max file size of 512KB and I don’t have a blog that can host these photos, but I do have Basic Black 5300,Rubbed Black, Examplar Primitive Black, OMOT Night, BeGrimed, and BeSooted.

Do you have a midnight blue color that reads black in your colllection, a brown/black combo or any variation of this theme? Probably gonna be hard to photograph but maybe you have stitched examples too. Thanks as always!

hkl9066
      Participant

Yon Gloaming, which is a dark blue, black, purple and Kodiak Beark 5143 wet sprayed with Basic Black 5300 are my two favorites.

Yon Gloaming has been through the mini forum already, I was thinking of opening listing for KB 5143/ws5300 soon.

Sim Swank
      Participant

I think we chatted about Yon Gloaming and I was sold just from the name lol…I did claim 2 minis. I will be on the lookout for the other one for sure, thanks HK! I call you by your K name in my head but I don’t know if you go by that. 🙂

hkl9066
      Participant

I go by either name actually :).

Yon Gloaming was originally a silk ribbon color and we pestered Vikki like mad, over-sugared children until she created a floss in the same color.

I just found one more blackish color upstairs. Mermaid Blue 2331/Magpie Tears 2351 wet sprayed with Basic Black 5300. We went through a wet sprayed with black craze there for awhile, lol.

I took photos of four colors upstairs, I have no idea how they will look, especially since I have to keep the file size small, but here goes:

(Top to bottom: Yon Gloaming, 5143/ws5300, OMOT Night (for comparison), 2351/2331/ws5300)

Attachments:
      Sim Swank
      Participant

Ooh thanks for the photo of that gorgeous grouping! 🤩

Veena

Here are some blue-black ones.

Nightmare: Basic Black 5300 and Velvet Midnight 2163
      Old Maid of the Depths: Magpie Tears 2353, Mermaid Blue 2329/2333
      Rubbed Darkest Mermaid: Magpie Tears 2353, Mermaid Blue 2329, wet sprayed Mermaid Blue 2333
      Blackboard: Mermaid Blue 2331, Magpie Tears 2351, w/s Basic Black 5300 (Hkl referred to it in her post also).

Blue blackish

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Veena.
      Attachments:
      Luv2stitch2

Ooo, thank you for showing “Blackboard!” How did I miss it years ago?? 🤓😱

hkl9066
      Participant

Thanks Veena for posting those beauties! There are some in your lineup that I might have missed.

Sim, there’s your answer about Blackboard, lol.

I love how some of our creations developed names that endured. I especially like Veena’s Chilean Sunset. I stitched a motif in a bell pull in that color and think of Veena every time I look at it!

Jcash
      Participant

Oh wow! Blackboard is perfection!! Thanks @veena for all the colors w/photos. I’m collecting details!! 😂

Jcash
      Participant

@hkl9066 … can’t WAIT to see yongloming in person. Thanks for the other color shots!

@sims
      …my fav blacks are more ‘sooty’ if that’s a word😂 I love them merged with dark and med ashy grays. My fav is GAST Carriage Black. Did Vicki dye anything similar to that?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Jcash.
      Sim Swank
      Participant

@jcash I think Ex Prim Black would be close or maybe Rubbed Black or BeGrimed but I don’t have any GAST Carriage Black to compare with. I can DM you a pic of those on IG because I can’t seem to attach photos here.

Jcash
      Participant

I can add the picture here. If you use the attach image towards the bottom, it lets me pick the size. Med seems to work and it comes from my photo file.
      I will definitely be making a black variegated at some point!

Photo credit @sims

Veena

@jcash, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! You just solved my photo uploading problem – I could not see how to upload photos directly from the phone without mussing around in another place to resize them. And the answer was right under my nose 🤣

(I never used the Choose Image Size on the phone because on FB, the image gets inverted when you select anything other than actual size. But that feature works beautifully here!)

Veena

Veena

@hkl9066, Chilean Sunset was a DMC variegated that we recreated in HDF! We had so much fun in those days, twisting new combos like there was no tomorrow!

Please post pic of your Chilean Sunset motif if you can. Would love to see it. I have yet to stitch with it.

Jcash
      Participant

😂 @veena You are more than welcome!! I was so confused bc first all I saw was the IMG in the top list, but that needs a link… then somewhere I had the little “picture” image pop up. That disappeared, so I found the attachment waay down there!
      Glad to help!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.