empty micros and labels

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum empty micros and labels

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      lyarrow
      Participant

I purchased the empty micros so I can wind my older silks on them. What would you recommend, or have you used, for adding labels to them? Thanks!

hkl9066

Linda, I’ve been using white athletic tape, just laying a piece over the micro and cutting it to size then writing the color on it with a permanent ink pen. I find that stays on better than the round labels, which have a tendency to fall off after awhile. Be warned though, athletic tape NEVER wants to come off, lol.

Luv2stitch2

Minis:

Avery label # 5410 – (12) 1” round labels per sheet, 50 sheets per pkg.

Micros:

Avery label # 5408 – (24) 3/4” round labels per sheet, 42 sheets per pkg.

😁😁😁

Kathy Wilson
      Participant

I’ve used the 3/4″ round Avery labels for years. I’ve also used tiny rectangular labels (not sure of the item #’s) that I would fit onto the INSIDE of the mini spools. Bit of a pain, but the labels are out of the way.

Veena

I use the 3/4″ round Avery labels. They do tend to peel off after a few years, but I blame that on my futzing with them to tuck the loose end beneath them after each use. I just stick them back with glue or sticky rice. There are handy templates online that you can use to type in the floss details before printing them out.

lyarrow
      Participant

thanks everyone! Instead of stitching last night, I spent 2 hours winding thread on spools. For now, they are in floss baggies with their original tags until I can get the Avery labels. And I need more spools!

Jcash
      Participant

Thanks for the number of the Avery labels!! @luv2stitch2! About a year back I bought a massive pack of standard mailing labels… I cut them into thirds for labeling my floss-away bags I use when stitching…. Soooo I decided to just use my punch to make round ones for the mini’s and micro’s. But I do add a tiny bit of Tacky glue to make them last!

Funny story… the first few orders I got from Vikki arrived and almost all the bags had mini’s with floating labels! I think it was the heat maybe but nothing was labeled. Took a bit to mix and match!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.