DMC colors

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum DMC colors

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I was poking around in the Mini Forum and did want to say that as I’m reformulating these dyes I’m skewing them all back to be much more closely aligned with the DMC colors. That will probably affect your twists and old color combos.

Vikki

Luv2stitch2

YAY!!
      🎉🎉🎉
      💃💃💃

Sim Swank
      Participant

I approve this message.

CristinG
      Participant

Thanks for the heads up.
      I really appreciate how involved you are in the forums and keeping us informed….

ggggaea
      Participant

Thanks Vikki – My hope is to have a full set of silk “DMC,” or at least the most common colors.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

So I also am now measuring the dyes when I’m mixing. It works so incredibly well for the fabric I thought it might work for the silks.
      The fabric dyes I dissolve in water and I may have to do that with the silk dyes but I’m going to start here. I reformulated the JewelWeed (which honestly I’ve chased forever) and that got me to thinking along these lines.

Vikki

Sue
      Participant

Yay – so the next question that this all brings up: will you be adding new colors to match the new DMC colors that have recently hit the market?

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Please don’t change the Perfect Reds! They are perfect!!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Oh the Perfect Reds are my own. 🙂 They’ll never change!
      When the new DMC book comes out and I can get my hands on it. They’re sold out all over the world.

Vikki

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k Can I send it to you? It shows in stock at 123stitch, I’d be glad to hook you up. Just PM me the address to have it delivered if different from the address on your shipping label. 😊

DMC New Sample Card

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k I called 123stitch just now to be sure and they do have it in stock at this very moment so let me know where to send it to you. 😊

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

THEY DO!!??!?! I’m THERE buying it right now! Thanks for the heads up!!

Vikki

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k Yay! The lady I spoke with on the phone assured me I will get one if I order it asap/today. Have fun formulating DMC 1-35, so excited for all of us! 🤩

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

We shall see! SAYS it has all the new colors AND that it’s the actual thread samples. I don’t know why they had it and no one else. And it didn’t show up on my initial DMC color card Google search – so today, you were a heroine!

Vikki

Sim Swank
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k I own it so I can attest it does have the actual floss samples including the 35 new ones which are marked by a * altho someone didn’t line them all up perfectly with the color # (see photo). Tsk, sloppy. 🙃

Glad to help anytime. It is odd when even DMC USA shows it as out of stock but the lady at 123stitch did say it flies out as soon as they get it in.

Veena

Great find @sims! I had been looking for it periodically for Vikki but it was out of stock everywhere. They may have just gotten new stock; it was due to come out in October. They fly like hot cakes! I had to wait and wait and then pounce when I was looking for it back in 2018. I was desperate to get one before I left the US.

Sim Swank
      Participant

@veena OnlineShopping is my middle name. 😂 I got mine in 2017 directly from DMC, I even used a coupon for 15% off and free shipping lol

lyarrow
      Participant

I’m still using my 2000 edition, lol. Still good enough for basic color matching for me.

Jcash
      Participant

Woohoo! One is on its way to me too! Thanks @sim-swank! There are several of the lime and dusty purples in the new colors I really love!!

Sue
      Participant

I have the new and the old one, and I do wish they would have followed the size of the old! The new book’s samples are tiny and don’t always reflect the light correctly. Also, just a head’s up, the ‘new’ floss package that came out a few years ago with stop gap colors has been discontinued and are not part of the new book. This is the package that was only available in the US.

Some web sites say they were too close to other existing colors and to just substitute. I say BLEH. I got a few packs especially for the purples and pinks and have used them extensively when stitching with those color families. Yes, they look almost the same, but when you put them next to other colors, you can see the difference. Such a shame the colors didn’t catch on. There were some lovely bright and dull colors (and for me to say I like the bright … oh my!) I think to date, the only truly bright color I’ve liked is Vikki’s Fuchsia.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.