Check out the mystery fabrics!

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Check out the mystery fabrics!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lyarrow
      Participant

One of the best fabric bargains you will ever find is the mystery cuts! I have received 4 of them and each color has been a lovely variation of taupe/browns. I received one today in the 38/42 linen and this fabric is supple yet dense. 1/4 yard was $7!! I can’t wait to stitch on it. The 36 ct is also very nice and very soft. Check these out, you won’t be sorry!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

I try to do all the mystery colors in shades of browns. I try not to go too dark or too light or too mottled.
      I have to say that 38/42 is sainted isn’t it? Firm yet supple, and just uneven enough to be interesting. The 26/30 is the same but of course woven further apart but a nice alternative to aida.
      The 36 is good. Little slubby and a nice soft hand.
      The 40 ct has it’s own appeal. The linen thread is expensive – you can tell because the hand is crisp. Because the fiber is fine the holes are larger and many people buy it so they can execute specialty stitches – larger holes means you can go in and out more times without distortion.

Vikki
      who believes in something for everyone!

lyarrow
      Participant

thank you for the info about the 40 count…I considered it but wasn’t sure I liked the more open weave. But your pointer about speciality stitches makes sense. And I have many patterns with speciality stitches where that would be a benefit! The 38/42 is definitely my favorite and I have been kitting up projects with all my new fabrics. Don’t know when I will stitch them but there is pleasure in getting them ready. 🙂

lyarrow
      Participant

What timing….HATS just announced a new chart that has speciality stitches. 40 ct is now in my cart. 🙂

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

When the gods smile…..

Vikki

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.