BeRedded component colors

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum BeRedded component colors

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Kathy Wilson
      Participant

Does anyone have the component colors handy for BeRedded? I have a change of plans for my iStitch Jade Band Sampler and I’m thinking about slipping in highlights of some of the solids that go into BeRedded. I thought I had kept pretty good notes from the old site but I cannot find them for the life of me….

Jcash
      Participant

@handdyedfibers_l7nu4k Vikki?

@luv2stitch2
      …. B?

I checked the files but it’s not on there. It’s gorgeous tho!!

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

BeRedded is two Quinces 1407 and 1411 wet sprayed with BitterBloom 4449 and Gandy Dancer 1111.. It’ll be interesting to see how it looks now with the Quince and BitterBloom reformulation!

Vikki

Jcash
      Participant

Oohhhhhhh that true Vikki!! Can’t wait to see what it looks like. Definitely will have to see in person…😂😂 If it’s called!

Kathy Wilson
      Participant

Thanks! I’d love to see the new reformulation!

hkl9066

It appears that it went through the mini forum in August, but closed after just 10 were called. @Jcash I think you called one mini? I missed it, but would be very interested to see the new formulation myself, so if there is interest, I’d be willing to open a listing for it in the mini forum, just let me know?

-Heather

Jcash
      Participant

Yes, I did call 1 mini. I hadn’t paid attention to it until Vikki showed the spool and saying how great it looked. I thought I remembered you getting like a half hank or something. I just never knew the components for it.

I’d love to see how the different matches for the DMC change the colors.

hkl9066

Nope, I got a hank of BeLoved, I totally missed the BeRedded. Although, I’m thinking that your BeRedded might have happened right as Vikki was working on her reformulations and now if we ran it through again, it might be a tad bit different. Would you be interested if we opened it up again? I’m always game for more RED.

Heather

Luv2stitch2

YES!

lol

Jcash
        Participant

Ahhhh…. That makes way more sense. I said thinking I remember Vicky showing it and saying she was shocked that no one else had ordered this color but you?
        Made me think ‘if I liked it so much why did I only get one mini’?

But BeLoved… yup! I got 3 mini’s!! 😂😂

hkl9066

LOL, well that was a hard sell. Ok, let me go upstairs and take a photo. It’s going to be the old formulation, but I’m sure we’ll live.

-Heather

hkl9066

It’s posted!! @Jcash @kathyw0304 @luv2stitch2

Jcash
      Participant

Done and signed up for 3…. with the right to up that call if Vikki shows the color early and it’s amazing!!!

Because there isn’t a RED I don’t like!!
      As soon as I saw Diane’s Rouge and Heartwood in the chart pack for “name I can’t remember?” I ordered a hank of each! 🤣

davesgirl226
      Participant

Question….. I got the BeRedded on 8/21/20 is that the new formulation or the old? I love the variagation in it, the photo shows it a little lighter than what it is

Veena

Vikki will correct me if I am wrong but I believe everything dyed after she came back is the new formulation.

hkl9066

LOL, ok now I’m confused. I thought the reformulations commenced once Vikki got the new DMC book? However, I could be wrong. Maybe @handdyedfibers_l7nu4k can clarify?

Thanks, Heather

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Yeah I reformulated once I got the new book. So anything in August was old colors.

Vikki

hkl9066

Thank you for that clarification Vikki!

Ok, I went back and searched old(ish) forum posts and found a post from you on 10 Oct about DMC colors where you mention reformulations, so I’m going to take that as a ballpark timeframe as to when your reformulations began, just for my own record-keeping.

-Heather

Veena

Good to know! Thanks for the clarification.

Jcash
      Participant

Yes! 😂 I remember that post from Vikki when her 2020 dmc booklet came!

“I can’t find my Quinces!! I could always spot my Quinces!!“

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.