Ann Tong Uffindell Kit Interest?

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum Ann Tong Uffindell Kit Interest?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      momofcats
      Participant

Continuing with Hands Across the Sea samplers, the Uffindell sisters are in my stash and I look forward to one day stitching them. Would anyone be interested in kitting up Ann Tong Uffindell? If so, any interest in Isabella Uffindell, too? I didn’t want add to the micro forum unless there was interest.

Ann has 31 micros and Isabella has 35.

I’ve attached the DMC to HDF conversion.

Ann Tong Uffindell 1835 – her solo appearance in an encore edition

Isabella Uffindell 1829 ~ her solo appearance in an encore edition

Veena

This is a gorgeous sampler! I am sure there will many stitchers who want to stitch it in silks.

As Vikki mentioned in another thread, she is thinking of doing the kit sales differently – through pre-order on Instagram/Facebook so that people don’t have to go through the forum. Have you figured out the kit cost?

Similar to what we did on the Anna Sofia kit, we can see how many here are interested. And Vikki could also post details on her Facebook and Instagram page and see how many pre-orders come in.

As always, a picture is needed to entice and seduce…

Lisa
      Participant

Unfortunately I have already bought the called for silks or I would be all in.

Jcash
        Participant

Me too Lisa. I did get them at 20% off but it was still like $230 or so. A BIG bite!

hkl9066
      Participant

I’m a yes to both and I’d be happy to drum up interest for you on the Our Sampler Years FB group. That brought a lot of people in for the Anna Sophia kit.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by hkl9066.
      hkl9066
      Participant

It looks like Ann would be $93 and Isabella would be $105.

And I’ll pull the micros tomorrow and take photos for you.

CristinG
      Participant

Not everyone who loves HDF is on social media, just want to throw that out there…..

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

These were the two samplers I had in mind when I first asked about having thread kits. I have already bought threads for both samplers but may be persuaded to get these and use the others elsewhere since I kind of sort of brought it up. Lol

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Yeah, I am not on FB or the Gram either. But if she could have an alternative…
      And/Or set it up on here like a one stop shop like FOTM but advertise everywhere else too, that may work!

hkl9066
      Participant

Yes, I certainly understand that not everyone does social media. I do know however that there are certain large groups on social media that cater specifically to the repro crowd. The Our Sampler Years – Yesterday’s Needlework for Today group for instance, has 9,400 members and is very HATS centric. The perfect group to share this with.

That being said, outside social media, what would be a good way to share information on HDF conversion kits? I’m honesty curious as to how this kind of information flows external to the SM giants (FB, Instagram, Twitter).

– Heather

CristinG
      Participant

Heather,
      Only speaking for myself. I would like to see it posted here.
      I share information on one other olde timey message board and post a link to send the readers directly to the item in question, e.g. linen when I posted about uneven weave linen and the SFOTM.
      So, if a forum call is not posted, a chat topic with instructions on how to order would be a great idea. πŸ˜‰

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

Of course we’d post anything here first!
      At this point I’d need substantial interest in a sampler with presales to dye it. A half hank is 14, a full hank is 29. When posting on groups anyplace but here, I’m encouraging the posts to be worded so that the offering is a pre-sale, and anyone can drop me a line to order one. This is cleaner, and for stitchers who just want a kit, it’s something they understand, not going yet another forum to call just one kit. Cause honestly – I wouldn’t do that for a kit.
      I also got approved for Instagram sales. Although we didn’t hit 29 for the current sampler, we came close enough that I’m going to dye the 29 and then try selling it via Instagram (and any other social media). I found too that I can hashtag the designer and the conversion will show up on her feed, which is a very nice cross marketing tool.
      If the Anna Sophia goes well using these methods then we’ll continue moving forward on making a few extra each time and selling them via social media. I REALLY enjoy dyeing to order, and dyeing on spec, much more than the labor outlay of keeping a complete inventory and pulling conversions. I think that the market has changed so much while I’ve been gone that limited edition kits and pre-sales are a way lots of places are reducing inventory overhead and I want to capitalize on that.
      Probably what I’ll do is invoice people for the kit that just call it, and for the rest of you I’ll probably put up a listing for micros and you can put in the number and pay that way…. I’ll keep lists of who called a conversion cause otherwise…

Vikki
      just what I’m thinking so far

Veena

@cristing, I think it will definitely be posted in the pattern forum, so existing members can call and claim. But when it is posted on social media (or anywhere outside this site), rather than having to explain the forum mechanics to newbies, or make them jump through hoops to buy a kit, etc, Vikki will just say, β€œemail me if you want the kit” (or something similar).

Some folks seem to view the mini forum like it is rocket science, so the end goal here is to simplify the sale process with regard to kits. Hopefully, once someone buys the kit, they will be motivated to join the mini forum.

Veena

Jinx!!!

hkl9066
      Participant

Here is Ann Tong Uffindell. If someone wants the larger photo to post elsewhere, let me know. Also, please feel free to use the photo on any other board or SM platform.

hkl9066
      Participant

And here is the conversion for Isabella Uffindell. Again, let me know if you want the larger photo and feel free to use the photo on other sites.

Attachments:
      CristinG
      Participant

Understood. It just read to me on the earlier posts like social media was going to be the only platform.

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Are we sure on the number of skeins? I thought I saw 26 colors but 32 skeins for Ann because 6 colors needed 2 skeins and 32 colors but 37 skeins for Isabella because 5 colors needed 2 skeins.

momofcats
      Participant

I just posted Ann Tong Uffindell as a kit! Would appreciate it if someone could check my post to make sure I did it properly.

@hkl9066
      Heather, thanks so much for pulling together photos of the colors. I really appreciate your pulling those many colors together for both samplers. Can you add to the kit post? I wasn’t able to get the photo to load.

Thanks everyone for their comments and assistance.

Melissa

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

I see the list for the threads for Ann in the other kits forum. I have the re-issued chart for Ann, not the limited edition. My thread list shows 2 skeins needed for color 2916/3831 Raspberry. This would bring the total needed to 32 micro spools. Is this by chance an error?

CristinG
      Participant

I think Vix is correct.. she sent me a picture of her floss list to post….

momofcats
      Participant

Thanks, ladies! Great catch!! I, too have the reissued chart and made an error. I have updated the post within “kit” for an additional micro and also updated the cost of the kit to $96.

I really appreciate the extra “eyes”.

Stitcher Vix
      Participant

Mom of Cats, thanks for being so efficient. Thanks for posting for me, Cristin.

I have ordered my kit! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Tania Kleckner
      Participant

Hello – I am a newbie to the forum and have indicated that I would love a kit for Anne Tong Uffindell. Two questions – Have enough people committed to buying the kits so Vikki can start dyeing? and when do we pay? I can not wait! I LOVE HDF so much!
      Thanks!
      Tania

Veena

Hi Tania (@tjk1031),

Welcome to the forums! I think Vikki has stated that there has been enough interest in the kits that she will dye Ann Tong Uffindell, but due to Thanksgiving and other dye jobs in the queue she has not started dyeing Ann yet. Once the kit is ready, she will list it in the shop and you can purchase it directly (she checks every order to make sure only those who reserved the kit are ordering). Or you can send her your email address, and she will invoice you when the kit is ready.

The kits are labor intensive and it’s only Vikki and Bob running the whole operation from start to finish. So they do take some to be ready.

VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

What she said….
      I’m working on Martha Dawson next as that’s a Jan 1 SAL. And I’ve got Ann Tong Uffindell in the works.

Vikki

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.