2 new conversions brewing… actually 3!

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum 2 new conversions brewing… actually 3!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jcash
      Participant

I have two other HATS sampler that I want to convert to HDF. Not big ones; little Gem PDF’s actually.

Sarah Spencer 1870 is delicate and pretty with only 8 colors… one in dispute that I will change. It’s the baby blue (or baby teal blue) in the center (upper) vase. It’s not light Gray-Green as they called it. Nope. But I need to convert them after I pick up my groceries. 😂

Any interest??? She’s such a sweet piece. Vikki has the final say but I just want to gauge the interest. It will NOT be a formal count or promise AT ALL. No worries.

Sarah Spencer

Since there wasn’t a bunch of interest in this sampler as a kit, I’ve called the colors missing from my stash on the Mini board. Here’s the full list of 8 colors needed:

DMC
      (927) ..Steelies 2449*
      (744) ..Liquid Gold 4171**
      (760) ..Gandy Dancer 1105
      (3011) ..Penny Wort 3447
      (3830) ..Fish Pepper 4427
      (816) ..OMG Red 1147
      (347) ..Gandy Dancer 1111
      (935) ..Imperial Green 3337

* I called Magpie Tears 2345 as a back up light blue.
      ** Liquid Gold 4171 was much to Gold for my taste so I called 2 buttery yellow colors: Koi Gold 4213 and Gold Rush 4225.

I didn’t call the reds and greens since I have them in my stash. But you can certainly call them.

Jcash
      Participant

Next one is super HAPPY and I need that right now. Seriously!! Mary Eliza McMillian 1869…another little gem pdf chart! She has 14 bright beautiful colors! Plus an additional adaptation to include that it was stitched during the pandemic.

A few colors don’t match what’s called for again… well one in particular. It shows a medium purple… yes PURPLE!! 😊 But the conversion is a muted mauveish pink. A few are a much more muted color rather than the bright color stitched with Soie 100.3
      Here she is….

Mary Eliza McMillian

Jcash
        Participant

Seriously.. these Mary Eliza McMillan colors are magnificent! But you can see just converting from Soie 100.3 to Soie D’Alger some lose the sparkle and vivid color…like the lime green/ gold color.

Solved one puzzle just now. The top row has a light blue spool(2nd from left) but with a grey green skein? And the Gray Green spool (top center) has the light blue Skein? On the larger version I can read the numbers. Whoever did the photo…MIXED them up. Only thing left is that pink bottom right is NOT the purple on that stitched piece. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Color chart

lyarrow
        Participant

Here is my Mary Eliza McMillan stitched in HDF….just picked colors from my stash. Loved stitching her!

Jcash
        Participant

Just gorgeous Linda!!!! I’m thinking the new Rubbed Violet(?) whatever the purple one is called would be perfect!

Jcash
        Participant

<deleted>

Jcash
        Participant

<deleted>

Jcash
      Participant

Last one is not going to be for everyone because the coloring is very monotone and muted; going from grays, Dk browns to light tans, and Dk blues to light. I love it, but recognize it’s not for everyone.

AL Motif Sampler by Hello from Liz Matthews. It only uses 7 colors which I’ll convert from NPI to DMC and to HDF.

AL Motif

hkl9066

I would definitely be interested in the first two, as you said, not sure about the third.

-Heather

Luv2stitch2

I’m the odd duck and love the softness of the third piece. 🤣🤣🤣

Jcash
        Participant

Me too! @luv2stitch2 I decided to just stitch it in DMC for this one. But definitely stitching it!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.