1884 Stitchery and Floss

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum 1884 Stitchery and Floss

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

You may (or may not) have seen the Instagram/You Tube of 1884 Stitchery. McKenna is going to be carrying HDF silks in 5, 8 and 10 yard skeins, and she does have an exclusive on those.
      What this means to you who are here reading this – absolutely nothing. I’m still doing the Mini Forum. I’m still doing the FOTM that I’m doing, in solids and variegateds. Nothing that I am doing here will change.
      For stitchers that don’t know me, this is a huge boon. They’ll be able to stitch in silks, they’ll be able to get them shipped internationally (and to PA!), they’ll be able to buy without having to call in the Mini Forum (which can be terrifying if you’re not used to it!), or without waiting till the color they need comes up in a FOTM. Conversions were a HUGE draw when we were rocking this business but with just the two of us there isn’t any way for us to go back to that level of commitment. Not only are we older, but realistically someday the world will open back up and we’ll go back to traveling around the world selling our yarns at shows. We’ve got a huge investment in that business and can’t drop that in a year or two once it starts back up.

We are happy with this decision.

Vikki

lyarrow
      Participant

this is great for both you and the stitchers! While word of mouth would continue to increase, it would still take a while for non-HDF stitchers to find you. Congrats on the deal!

infinite_needle
      Participant

I am glad to see the silks getting out to other stitchers. The Flosstube community that McKenna is a part of is huge and hopefully this means a much bigger customer base for the silks.

RobininVirginia
      Participant

I did see it on IG and had to read it a few times because at first I thought it was a gimmick or practical joke. It sounds like a great deal all the way around — for you, for her, and for getting HDF into the hands of stitchers.

infinite_needle
      Participant

McKenna from 1884 Stitchery posted a lovely video on her Flosstube channel about the silks she is selling. StitchingInSequins

lyarrow
      Participant

after watching the video, I see why Vikki made her announcement earlier, lol.

Jcash
      Participant

I was just concerned at first because of the wording that was used… “I am the ONLY place to get these colors” I was doubtful that you would sign away a color in the middle of a range of say 5,8 or 10 colors variants…but wanted to be sure.

Good for you. You make the best decision for yourself. That’s what matters.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.