14 For the Micro Forum

Shop Forums HDF Forums Chat Forum 14 For the Micro Forum

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      VikkiHDF
      Keymaster

We spent some time weighing and measuring and found that the best place for micros was 14.
      I’ve set it to 14, but if indeed some get to 12 or 13 and languish I can probably get decent runs of colors at those numbers. If that happens I will dye those at lesser, with some notification.

Vikki

Luv2stitch2

πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ₯³

maestraxanth
      Participant

I’m hoping you will be stunned at the number of sales for these. In a lot of ways, you’re the only reliable silk supplier right now and we GOTTA have our crack!

Robin Harvey
      Participant

So we would be doing the same as for the Minis, just getting a smaller size? These are the same as a DMC skein, I think? sorry, have not been with you long and want to make sure I understand.

lyarrow
      Participant

Robin, yes, the micros are equal to a skein. And in the micro forum, you commit to the “kit” for the pattern which means the entire set of micros needed. If you want individual colors and not the entire set (kit) then you have to start calls for the colors in the Mini forum.

Veena

@robin, the Micro and Pattern forum will have full kits or individual micro. The kits will be made up of micros, which are equivalent to DMC skein yardage. Under a kit listing, you would have to buy the entire set. Additionally, anyone can start a listing for individual colors on micros – and this will operate just like the mini forum – you start a color and people call the number they want, and once 14 micros are called, Vikki dyes it. No SSR in the micro forum though, it will be all 6SR.

Veena

@lyarrow, calls for individual colors may be started in the micro forum too. This is for people who need just a skein or two, and not a full mini of some color.

CristinG
      Participant

I’m glad it got all worked out and I look forward to seeing some action over there.

Luv2stitch2

…..”calls for individual colors may be started in the micro forum too. This is for people who need just a skein or two, and not a full mini of some color.β€œ

yay
      Yay!
      YAY!!

πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

lyarrow
      Participant

thanks for the heads-up about calling micros! I read it last night around midnight and my brain and my eyes saw 2 different things. πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.