Iíve embroidered knots in the holes that were still there and then, Iíve cut a small cotton patch to work in it. Itís more difficult to stitch ribbon in cotton than in an already done hole.
I should have worked the remaining knots in the cotton separately but instead, I put the cotton inside the egg to replace the hole and I tried to work in this way. But again, while pulling the ribbon through the cotton, a good part of the center broke, very close to the petals.
And this piece was already embroidered so I decided to glue it. I had a cement bought for jewelry making, with a very fine, sharp applicator. So, Iíve glued the broken parts, and inside, Iíve glued a part of the cotton patch on the shell. Iíve had to hold it for a while, the time it hardened.
For the rest of the knots, Iíve embroidered them in the ribbon itself, not in the cotton, and Iíve sewn them after, on the cotton, in the empty space. At the end, Iíve glued the rest of the patch. This seems to hold quite well and we don't see the glue.
Finally, the result is not so bad, if you donít check inside. I will probably start my album with it. But I definitely need the hardener and better drilling tools to do a better job, so, Iím not gonna work on another egg for the moment.
Here's the inside patch
I don't know on what I'm gonna work now. I'd like to start a project with my new ribbons but I have so many WIPs I should finish! I can't decide which one I should chose: maybe the one that takes the most room in my stash, or maybe I should draw lots for it. lol! I'll think about that.
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 Posts: 1215 Location: Vaughn, Washington View Blog
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:51 am Post subject:
How lovely! I would never have known you had had that "incident" from the finished product if you hadn't shown us. But, I am glad you did! It has been very interesting to watch. If you figure out a hardener, do let us know!